Known issues - updated June 21st see more

Dropbox is stuck syncing

SOLVED
Go to solution
42 Comments
44 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Sync stuck

Same here! I even thought it was because of too many files, but it's not that. I deleted 20 GB of space and dropbox is still stuck. Is there any support or do I have to pay for business edition first?

Level 1

I have the same Problem, it seems the Support is not interested.  Does anyone know of a Competitor Company?

Level 1

I got it going again by using Google Chrome instead of Safari to access Dropbox. Works fine now. This on advice from Apple who suggest using as up to date a browser as possible. (My safari was 4! years old.) 

Level 1

Access through browser is not an issue. The problem is with the tray icon and local folder. They don't stop syncing and files are not updated.

Level 1

I had a problem syncing my files on my mac. I tried the software also on windows but without success. It always stopped when 336 files were left.

Solution: Then I recognized there is a folder labeled with special characters containing 336 files. After changing the name, the sync process was completed successfully!!

Level 1

My dropbox app is not only stuck, now it won't even open! It closes as soon as I open it. Can anyone help with advise? From what I read here, it seems that asking a customer service team would be waste of time... 

Highlighted
Level 1

Have the same problems and have tried everything. Reinstalling latest stable version, unlinking/linking, permissions, lastest unstable version... Everything was working fine in mid/late December, and it was a missing "sync" between PC and ipad that made me wonder... I think the problems occured with some kind of Win-update (running Win 7), but not certain. Have installed MS OneDrive and are now starting to move my files. It's really sad that there are no respons from the Dropbox-team.  

Level 1

See above... For a moment I was thrilled to see a stable v3.14.5, released yesterday, running normal... but after a while it's stops and spins on indexing. Fooled by the look. No syncing taking place. 

Level 1

I am encountering similar problems.  The status keeps alternating between "Downloading file list" and "Up to date".  I have tried shutting down the app and launching it again.  I also reinstalled the app on my Mac.  The problem persists.

Level 1

I don't even get so far as getting stuck. Files do not start to sync, status doesn't change from "up to date". Only solution seems to be uninstall and reinstall, then sync begins and completes.  Seems quite a drastic "workaround", but it appears from this Community Board there is no one-on-one support.  Any suggestions? 

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4839
Mark 3754
Jane 1054
Tom_M 886
Greg K. 804