Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Dropbox re-syncing every reboot

Level 5

Every time I reboot my Mac (OS 10.12.3) Dropbox (21.4.25) re-indexes every single file (>200,000). This can take hours. I have tried reinstalling multiple times. Also requests my inputing my user password. It's pretty much unusable at the moment, work done at home last night isn't showing up at the office until the indexing finishes, which has been going for 4 hours so far an is only 3/4 done.

Help please!

17 Replies

Re: Dropbox re-syncing every reboot

Dropboxer

Hey dominichare

Thank you for getting in touch with us on our Community, we're here to help!

It'll be a pleasure to follow-up on that, though we'd need to be granted access to your account in order to help you troubleshoot more. Can you please open a support request with us and let me know a ticket ID in your response once you have done so? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind regards, 

JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 5

I need help with the exact same issue OP is having. I've uninstalled and reinstalled about 4x. My dropbox was sync'd and working great yesterday until the evening. Now it won't save the files I store in dropbox on my PC to the dropbox shared server. Every time I reinstall it acts like it's syncing over 200,000 files and is slow. I have turned off the bandwidth limit for uploads. I've tried EVERY single troubleshooting technique. We use the Dropbox for business and handle sensitive info. I can't lose my data. I need help! 

Level 5

Hi, ticket id is #5624524

Level 5

I literally JUST fixed it. What it was was that one of the updates for Dropbox was shut down thanks to Windows 10 random auto updates. Stupid Microsoft! lol

I removed the failed install files in Program (x86) files to my desktop (just in case). Uninstalled and reinstalled the Desktop app again. Sync'd immediately. BAM!

Thank you for creating a ticket for me though. I had requested a ticket about an hour ago also. 

Level 5

Thanks for letting us know.

Dropbox people, I'm running Mac OS 10.12.4, so this fix doesn't apply to me.

Level 5

Sorry...again. It just started to re-sync all over. It appeared that everything was green. Now it's blue and updating all over. It should be fairly instant. Dropbox desktop app is still indexing and in sync mode, even though all the files are hardcopied to my PC and on the Dropbox cloud so it should just be a matter of recognizing data and only syncing about 4-10 differend PDF files under 3MB. 

It should have sync'd by now. It basically started all over. Maybe we should keep my ticket open. I submitted one. I'm a loan processor and request a ticket under Dropbox for Business about an hour ago. I still need that one open apparently :(

Sorry for the bad news. I'm bummed.

Dropboxer

Hey dominichare

Thank you for your ongoing cooperation, much appreciated! 

We can see our collleague has reached back out to you on your open support request and requested more information. Please check your email inbox for their reply and let us know if you're unable to locate it. S/he will continue troubleshooting there. 

Hope this gets resolved soon.  

Kind regards, 

JaneA

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Dropboxer

Hey nikilici0us

Thank you for keeping in touch with us here, providing us more information regarding this issue, much appreciated!

Our colleague has reached back out to you on your open support request. Can you please check your inbox for this reply? if you exeperience any issues locating this, please let me know here, so that I follow-up. 

Thank you for your ongoing cooperation and patience during the troubleshooting. 

Kind regards, 

JaneA

Jane

Level 5

Hi, the problems seems to have resolved itself for the moment

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox re-syncing every reboot
17 Replies
7 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post