Announcements
Top kudoed members this week! See now

Files not syncing

SOLVED
7 Comments
3 Kudos
Level 2

Files not syncing

I have the dropbox client on my computer; have no challenges logging into dropbox on the web.  However, files are not syncing.  I make changes on the computer dropbox file but those changes are not showing up in dropbox.  I do not see any options to sync or select files to sync.  It worked fine up until the resent windows update.  How can I get the files to sync again?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Files not syncing

Hey Limago24 & khosey, let’s check some possible causes of the syncing issue you’re experiencing! 

For starters, I’d suggest making sure that you’re running the latest stable version of the application on your desktop (43.4.50: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-43-4-50/m-p/264195#M4506) & it’s syncing correctly on your system tray Arrows Counter ClockAlso, please ensure that you’ve made all available OS updates on your pc or Mac. 

Secondly, just in case you don’t see any overlay icons on your files (or you see the wrong ones/ your files aren’t updating online), could you disable any Security/Antivirus programs & give our offline installer a try? 

Once you do, please keep us updated on your results in your next post, so that we work on that together as closely as possible. Thanks again & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you on this discussion! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

7 Replies
Super User II

Is the Dropbox client running? What does it say if you hover your cursor over the icon in the system tray?

Level 2

It just says "dropbox"
Level 2

Hi!

I´m having problems too with the file syncing.

I have the Dropbox client for desktop, and another in my tablet and smarthphone.  This week I've notice the files are not syncing.  Each file I update. keep showing the syncing blue icon for days, but it never shows the check green icon.  Finally, when I check in the web or in the other devices, effectively it's not updated.

¿What do I have to do?

Thank you.

Lina

Highlighted
Solution
Dropboxer

Hey Limago24 & khosey, let’s check some possible causes of the syncing issue you’re experiencing! 

For starters, I’d suggest making sure that you’re running the latest stable version of the application on your desktop (43.4.50: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Stable-Build-43-4-50/m-p/264195#M4506) & it’s syncing correctly on your system tray Arrows Counter ClockAlso, please ensure that you’ve made all available OS updates on your pc or Mac. 

Secondly, just in case you don’t see any overlay icons on your files (or you see the wrong ones/ your files aren’t updating online), could you disable any Security/Antivirus programs & give our offline installer a try? 

Once you do, please keep us updated on your results in your next post, so that we work on that together as closely as possible. Thanks again & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you on this discussion! 

Level 2

Jane, thank you so much for your assistance.  I downloaded the newer version per your instructions/link and all seems to be working now.  I appreciate your help!!

Level 2

Hi Jane.

I installed the last version in my PC and it worked just fine. slightly smiling face

Thank you very much for your help!
Dropboxer

Hey Limago24 & khosey, thanks for your keeping me updated here, I’m so glad you got this fixed! Unicorn

Happy syncing & a wonderful rest of the day ahead, don't hesitate to reach back out at any time; we’re always here if you’d like to share your thoughts or you’d need help. Cheers! 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you could post it in the Find Answers section here. ]