cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder has too many files to download - iOS Version 11.4

Folder has too many files to download - iOS Version 11.4

Methuselah
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I am a Dropbox Plus user with 1TB of files in Dropbox currently syncing most of my files offline on my iPad (tons of spare memory capacity fyi). These files are broken into ~259 folders with ~2100 files in all (@~ 7.6GB total).

The folder which has now ceased to sync has ~770 files in it - in ~180 folders (~325MB). I'm loathe to break it down into a different structure as the current one suits my business purpose. Also, to be frank, the quantities in this folder seem pretty darn low to be presenting a problem for a business-grade product.

Can you please advise the 'fix'?

Total Dropbox size.JPG

Dropbox error folder size.JPG

Kind regards,

Bernard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Methuselah, thanks for getting back to me on this.

You could check out if you have any incompatible characters by running a bad file check.

However, due to account sensitive info and because I’d have to investigate using our internal tools so as to narrow down the issue, we need to move forward with the email interaction. 

Cheers! :nerd:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey there @Methuselah, thanks for posting your concern on the Forum and welcome aboard!

This seems like something where I’d recommend getting in touch via email so as to troubleshoot with you. You could either let me know if you’d prefer to be reached out directly via email, or you could go ahead & submit your concern via https://www.dropbox.com/support

Let me know how you’d like to proceed and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks in advance! :grin:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Methuselah
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Lusil,

Thank you for that.

I'd be pleased if you were willing to raise it but am happy to do so myself if it's simpler for you.

Kind regards, Bernard

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Methuselah, thanks for getting back to me on this. It’s no problem at all. :laughing:

I was able to reach out to you at the email address associated with your forum profile, so at your convenience could you please check your inbox? Once confirmed, we’ll continue troubleshooting from there. 

Cheers!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Methuselah
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Lusil,

I received your email but would prefer to continue troubleshooting via this forum if that's OK?

Kind regards,

Bernard

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @Methuselah, thanks for getting back to me on this.

You could check out if you have any incompatible characters by running a bad file check.

However, due to account sensitive info and because I’d have to investigate using our internal tools so as to narrow down the issue, we need to move forward with the email interaction. 

Cheers! :nerd:

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

Methuselah
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Lusil,

Thanks for that. I ran the checks and there were no issues. Happy to proceed with the email interaction btw.

Kind regards,

Bernard

pitmac
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi all,

i've the same Problem...how did it resolved?

Thx,

Pit

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, Pit. :slight_smile:

I’d be more than happy to help, but first, could you please provide a bit more info so as to have a better understanding of your concern?

For example, what are the steps you’re taking? Are you trying to make files offline on a mobile device? Is this concerning the desktop app? Are you not seeing content being downloaded locally? 

Any additional details, as well as screenshots (omitting personal info) would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

pitmac
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Lusil,

sorry for the delay.

Yes i will et the files offline on my iPad Pro.

I'll will sent you a screenshot:

Screenshot from my iPadScreenshot from my iPadCheers,

Pit

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    taeerk kim New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    STyke New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?