cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Did you know you can get an answer in less than 2 hours? Try asking a question now!
4 Comments
3 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

Folders not syncing between computer and dropbox online

I work on files from 3 different computers.  Each computer has the Dropbox App installed and all files are listed within the dropbox app.  I keep my files in various folders and subfolders.  I have been using dropbox for several years and have never had a problem.  No matter which computer I have used in the past, those files automatically sync online and therefore sync with the other devices.  Yesterday I worked on a file and renamed a few folders on one of my laptops.  I could not get the changes to sync online.  Therefore, the other two computers were not synced.  I exited the dropbox program and reloaded it.  I shut down and restarted the computer.  I even reinstalled the dropbox app.  Nothing worked.  Help!  I chose to pay for Dropbox rather than use a free online storage because I trusted Dropbox more.  Now I am concerned that it isn't as reliable.

4 Replies
Super User

Re: Folders not syncing between computer and dropbox online

Hello 

Sorry, you are having issues and this may seem a little tough one to find a solution.   First off,  what is the OS of the laptop that is not syncing?  When you hover over your Dropbox icon with your mouse slowly, there's a yellow notification of the status.  what does it say?  You can click on it and it will also show it in the opened window.

There could be a connection problem, do you run a proxy for internet? Check your internet connection

Here are a few articles to ponder over

https://www.dropbox.com/help/syncing-uploads/stuck-syncing

looking forward to your reply.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Kudo would be super.  Thanks!

Dropboxer

Hey there @HeidiW.

Initially, can you please send me a screenshot of what the Dropbox icon reads when you hover over it? Is it still Syncing or up to date

Furthermore, could you also please check if there are any incompatible characters by running a bad file check?

Let us know what you find and I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible! 

[EDIT] @Chris_J beat me to it as per the syncing topic - apologies for the repetition. disappointed but relieved face

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 4

I have this problem
Dropboxer

Hey @Rogerccy

Have you checked out what @Chris_J and I mention on our posts above? Could you please check if any of these apply to your concern as well and get back to us with the relevant info if you’re still experiencing this issue?

Cheers! upside-down face

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Welcome! If you have a question about Dropbox, you’re in the right place

Post your question or search for an answer, the community is here to help

Not looking for support? Explore other features of Dropbox

Learn more about the community

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post
  • Lusil
  • HeidiW
  • Rogerccy
  • Chris_J