cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

Help us improve our online support experience by taking our short survey!

yes

Highlighted

How can I check how far my upload has gone?

Level 2

I have been uploading a 70GB folder from my laptop, for few days the laptop has been uploading almost 50% of the folder, at the end it stopped working and now I'm not sure how much of the upload has been done and what is missing. How can I check the number of file and folders, what happens if I upload again the folder? Does it merges the files avoiding duplications?

Tags (2)
3 Replies

Re: Web upload

Super User II

If you're uploading through the website, the upload will start over again from the beginning. The website was not meant to handle uploads of that size. You should be using the Dropbox client and allow it to sync the files automatically. If a sync process is interrupted with the Dropbox client, it will automatically resume when it reconnects.

Level 2

OK thanks.

Do I see a progress bar while starting again or is done in the background? 

What is the maximum size for a folder?

Super User II

@above69

If you are using the website it wont auto restart and you need to do it all manually to see what has uploaded and what hasnt. 

There is no max size for folders, but, uploading via the website isnt recommended for this reason. 

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

How can I check how far my upload has gone?
More about this post
3 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See answer
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post