cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I copy and paste a file from Dropbox onto my desktop?

How do I copy and paste a file from Dropbox onto my desktop?

LucreciaS
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
If Dropbox is installed on your computer open the Dropbox folder (as its a folder like any other) and copy and paste it like any other file.

If its not installed and you are using the website you cannot copy and paste, you'll need to select the file and tap download. Then save that file to your desktop

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
If Dropbox is installed on your computer open the Dropbox folder (as its a folder like any other) and copy and paste it like any other file.

If its not installed and you are using the website you cannot copy and paste, you'll need to select the file and tap download. Then save that file to your desktop

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey LucreciaS

Would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? Please include your feedback and let us know if there's anything we can do to improve! You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT 

Also, please keep in touch with additional questions, we're always here for you! 

Warm regards, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

wpachol
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

No it did not help.  How do I copy a pdf file within drop box and past to desktop or another folder on my desktop?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @wpachol, if you’re working on your desktop, then you should be able to copy & paste/ cut & paste/ drag & drop your content in the same manner as you’d do with any other file you’ve stored locally!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

tmurth
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

This worked for me! Thank you.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Ah, pleased to hear @tmurth; feel free to 👉 poke us here again should you have more questions or thoughts & take care in the meantime! ðŸ˜Š

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?