cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I play .wma files from Dropbox on iPad?

SOLVED
4 Comments
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3

How do I play .wma files from Dropbox on iPad?

Can u give me a link to an app in the app store that is capable of playing .wma files? Am I also supposed to place the file that was originally .wma into the ipad mini? If so, how? I cant seem to do those things.
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: How do I play .wma files from Dropbox on iPad?

Dropbox uses the players that are built-in to the phone's operating system. If your phone can't play the file natively, without installing an application, then Dropbox won't be able to either. It's a file app, not a media player. To play those files you'll need to have an app on your phone, and then open the file in the app. Usually you can preview the file in the Dropbox app, tap the ellipsis in the top right corner, and select Export. You'll be prompted with the options available on your device.

4 Replies
Super User II

You need to find an application in the App Store that is capable of playing .WMA files. One you have one installed, you would open the file in that app.

Level 3

I understand downloading an app to play .wma files, but how do I play the .wma in dropbox? Unless you're saying to somehow place the file in the ipad?
Super User II

You would probably need to move the file from Dropbox to this newly downloaded app to open and play it I'm afraid.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Solution
Super User II

Dropbox uses the players that are built-in to the phone's operating system. If your phone can't play the file natively, without installing an application, then Dropbox won't be able to either. It's a file app, not a media player. To play those files you'll need to have an app on your phone, and then open the file in the app. Usually you can preview the file in the Dropbox app, tap the ellipsis in the top right corner, and select Export. You'll be prompted with the options available on your device.