Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

2 Comments
1 Like
Highlighted
Level 2

How do I upload folders to my dropbox?

I CAN SEEM TO FIND MY UPLOAD OPTION TO ADD FILES TO MY DROP BOX? HAS THE SERVICE CHANGES IT SAYS I STILL HAVE 96% FREE SPACE SO I KNOW ITS NOT BECAUSE IVE REACHED MY LIMIT DO I NEED TO FIND ANOTHER aPP ? IS THERE UPDATES HAPPENING IS IT JUST A TEMPORARY ERROR OR WHATS GOING ON IM TYRYING TO ADD 3 FILES TO MY DROPBOX AND CANT SEEM TO FIND THAT OPTION AVAILABLE ANYMORE??

2 Replies
Level 6

Re: How do I upload folders to my dropbox?

Hi Lori, are you trying to upload a folder or a set of files to dropbox? Depending on what browser you are using, you should be able to select the files from your computer (File Explorer) and drag them to your dropbox file section. 

What I find works best for me is to install dropbox desktop client on my computer so that it is synchronized and drag or copy my files and folders directly into the client to not deal with the hassle with browser issues. 

Good luck!

Dropboxer

Re: How do I upload folders to my dropbox?

Hi there @LORIJO69!

I just wanted to add to what @tmhlee mentions, that if you’re trying to upload via one browser and you’re experiencing difficulties, try uploading your files via another browser, or through incognito. 

Do bear in mind that each file or folder that you upload through the website must be 50 GB or smaller. 

Let us know of any updates! grinning face

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Syncing and uploads.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post