How to enable seperate folders for download in different computers

SOLVED
5 Comments
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Level 4

How to enable seperate folders for download in different computers

Hi All,

I have a personal paid account and use multiple computers in the lab and at home. Is it possible to partially download dropbox folders in work computers? I have data folders with research papers that I want to dowload to only work machines. I don't want to sync all folders when I connect my dropbox. How should I do that? 

Thanks in advance and sorry if this was a disscussed topic (first time hereslightly smiling face)

Best wishes,

?
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: How to enable seperate folders for download in different computers

Hey @4020, welcome to our community! 

We have a feature called Selective Sync. Using our desktop application, you can choose which folders you want to have synced and available on each computer! Take a look at this info, and let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers winking face

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

5 Replies
Solution
Dropboxer

Hey @4020, welcome to our community! 

We have a feature called Selective Sync. Using our desktop application, you can choose which folders you want to have synced and available on each computer! Take a look at this info, and let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers winking face

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Level 4

Thanks so much! I cope with another issue now, but your answer seems to cover all I asked for. 

Dropboxer

Hey @4020, you’re quite welcome! I’m glad to be able to help you out. Do you want to run the other issue by me too? I’ll be happy to see if I can help winking face

Cheers

slightly smiling face

Level 4

Dear Sanchez,

Here's the issue I have a lap top with SSD drive (C) and regular hard drive (D). All software is installed in C and dropbox automatically installs itself there. However, SSD Drive is limited and I want Dropbpx folder to be in D. 

How can I do that? Thanks in advance.

Best,

Dropboxer

Hey @4020

Sorry for the late reply. 

In short, yes, you can move the Dropbox folder to your D: drive using our Desktop application. Take a look at this. It includes instructions for Mac, Windows, and Linux. 

Please let me know how this works out. 
Cheers! 

slightly smiling face