cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I move files from my Dropbox account to iCloud on iOS?

How can I move files from my Dropbox account to iCloud on iOS?

KRodrigu_56
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Has anyone successfully doene this transfer from DropBox on iPad ,( that is link to Android mobile and Desktop) . I know I can easily unhooked the links to the Android or Desktop. But I need to move from the DropBox iPad to store on iCloud 

Thsnk yiu in advance fir your suggestion and assistance . 

1 Accepted Solution
13 Replies 13

Not applicable
Go to solution

You cannot transfer from Dropbox to iCloud Files on iOS, but you can Copy. Open the Files app, click on Dropbox location, click select at the top-right, check the folder/files, click Move at bottom, choose Dropbox, and Copy. 

KRodrigu_56
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Sorry but your suggestion or instruction not clear?  Best use Microsoft snipping tool and snapshot what is to be done step by step into a Word or PDF doc as attachment would be very helpful as I reached the 2 G max and I have 15G icloud on my iPad so i really not interested to Upgrade for 1T whihc it too much  as i have Time Machine on my MacBook Pro !

KRodrigu_56
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Gregor, Many thank you for your attempt to explain. No notes ,makes hard interpret this statement “This is all done within the iOS Files app. ”

i don’t know how to get to this screen on the iPad ..for a start 

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You need the newest versions of iOS installed to get the 'Files' app

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

KRodrigu_56
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

This is all done within the iOS Files app. You must of iOS v11 or greater. “How does one get this iOS files App? I don’t think it’s part of standard OSX 12 .x app on iPad. Where did you get your iOS Files app mate ? My OSX is very current 12.2.

Not applicable
Go to solution

It does come with standard iOS out of the box. You can reinstall it from the App Store if it has been deleted. 

KRodrigu_56
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Is it File Manager - Network Explorer by LDDevelSoftware ? Or something else mate ?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

KG13 New member | Level 2
    Alex R.12 New member | Level 2
    Jblo New member | Level 2
    anonymous Not applicable
    KRodrigu_56 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?