cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues - updated July 13th see more

I can see my files in the website but not on my computer. Why?

SOLVED
Go to solution
11 Comments
7 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

I can see my files in the website but not on my computer. Why?

I use tiny scan to scand  sync pdf file on my drop box. I found my files if I access via web mydropbox, but the files are missing in my folder in my laptop.

How I have to do to solve this?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Level 2

Re: tiny scan issue

Tiny Scan uses commas and semicolons in the name format. If you remove these, the files will synch to your computer.
11 Replies
Community Manager

Hi Andrea

Do you use selective sync? If yes, please check if the files are not being saved in a folder with selective sync. If you want to test, please create a new folder on www.dropbox.com and save your PDF scans into that folder to see if starts to sync with your desktop client

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 1

I have tried this and confirmed that the selective sync is enabled for the folder I am trying to bring the Tiny Scan files in from, but I am still having issues.

Any other suggestions? 

Level 1

I have the exact same issue, did anybody find a solution?

Solution
Level 2

Tiny Scan uses commas and semicolons in the name format. If you remove these, the files will synch to your computer.
Super User II

Good spot - have a look at www.dropbox.com/bad_files_check for any that dont sync slightly smiling face

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 2

Can you configure tiny app to not use commas?

Dropboxer

Hey all, I'd like to pitch in this conversation and say that now you can use the Doc Scanner feature, integrated into the Dropbox mobile app!

Thanks!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you find my post helpful your Kudos  are appreciated!

If it answered your question, please mark White check mark Accept as Solution below so other users can find it quickly!  slightly smiling face  

Super User II

You'd need to ask Tiny Scan that question I'm afraid omccrea.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 2

Dropbox scan is not nearly as good for me as Tinyscan

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4916
Mark 3867
Jane 1105
Greg K. 825
Tom_M 886