cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Is there a way for users to upload photos from my Wordpress?

Level 4

Hallo everybody. I have a wordpress site offering pictures editing services and would like to get my clients uploading their pics on a dropbox folder...directly from the WP site. Is it possible?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
13 Replies

Re: Wordpress and Dropbox

Dropboxer
Hey there @pixhub,

So what I think may work well for you would be to create a File request and then you can add the link for this into a post or send directly to your client. The recipient doesn’t need to have a Dropbox account themselves and can upload their files directly to a specific folder in your account.

The process is very simple to upload files to a file request (click the link, choose files to upload) but just in case, you can always send this article too for some additional assistance for your clients should they need it.

Let me know if you have any other questions - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Level 4

Hallo Daphne,

thank you very much for your prompt reply.

So, the only thing I will have to set up on my site is an "upload" page with the  right link...correct?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey again @pixhub,

Yes, so from your side, you just need to set up the file request from your Dropbox account and then add the link to your Wordpress account in an upload page or however you prefer to present it!

I’m always here for further questions - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Level 4

Ok, great!

Thank you!!

Level 4

Hallo Daphne!

Please, how can I get each client send their files to their dropbox folder? I mean, would it be possible getting only one link (button) on my "upload" page?

Thank you!

Super User II

Do you mean you want each clients work in a different folder? 

The only way to do that is a different upload link per client

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 4

Yes, that is what I want.

Please, do you know of any way I can automatize it from the site? I mean without having to send a link each time.

Thank you

Super User II

Not within Dropbox natively no - such a feature doesnt exist. 

If you can program you maybe able to use the API and Chooser commands to do it.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Super User II

You really only need one link posted to your site, for all of your clients to use. Each file they upload will have their name appended to it.

If you want to automate the creation of file requests, you'll need to use the Dropbxo API.

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Is there a way for users to upload photos from my Wordpress?
13 Replies
1 Like