cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox for Gmail Error Job reached maximum retry attempts

Job reached maximum retry attempts

jolkadre
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I try to upload a PDF in gmail, I get error "Job reached maximum retry attempts". 

How I can fix it?

93 Replies 93

jhumn
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I did this but none of the suggestions given to me works. 

Matt173
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Job reached maximum retry attempts Same here. JPG and PDFs will not save to Dropbox from Gmail

agusatu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same  problem. "Job reached maximum retry attempts".. quite annoying.

I also have a 2nd issue: Until some time ago, when I saved an attachment and then saved another one it offered me 2 optioins. To save it in the same folder than the last one or to search for a new folder. I don't know when or in what update but now it only offered me the option to search for the folder I want to save it to.. and it's also annoying and a waste of time when you have a lot of attachments in different emails to save to a particular folder. A shame..

But let's don't change the subject and please fix the "Job reached..." error

Thanks

CRE728
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am having this same issue!  I keep coming back to this message board and one on the same problem in Gmail help.  It seems that Google says to contact Dropbox and Dropbox says to contact Google...would love to know when a fix is finally reached!

Frank_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all,

Thanks everyone for your patience while we continue to investigate this one. We still unfortunately don't have a root cause for why this is happening, but have been able to reproduce the problem on our side which should help us identify the underlying cause faster. 

Apologies for any frustration caused, please be assured that we are working in the background to get this resolved and I will loop back here once we have an update.

Thanks,

Frank

rodo76
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
It looks like it's solved, yesterday i tried and it worked. But i didn't check if the file was ok or damaged. Downloaded to db some AutoCAD files last weekend and all the .dwg files were damaged in the process of downloading. Had to download files the old way in gmail.

azepeda
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Still not working on my end. Still getting the same error message.

Dallas645
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

This is not working on my end either. This is slowing down my business a ton. Does anyone know of any other companies like Dropbox where it can link to multiple email accounts? 

Graham1122
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you

rodo76
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

it didnt work. I just checked the pdf files downloaded without the "job reached.." message, but all files are the same size 72 kb and are damaged.

Need more support?