cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox for Gmail Error

Job reached maximum retry attempts

jolkadre
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

When I try to upload a PDF in gmail, I get error "Job reached maximum retry attempts". 

How I can fix it?

93 Replies 93

ronapaul
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Me too.

tamaraanen
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks, with fidler you should see what is happenning after clicking. I'm looking fordward for the resolution. 

Regards, 

Tamar.

kathleenjaynes
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I had this problem a few months ago and disabled the extension.  I reinstalled it yesterday and it worked yesterday but today I'm getting the same error message.  I really need this extension to work as I depend on it for my business.  Someone else mentioned this, but I used to be able to save documents and you could pick an option to save to a recent file but that's no longer an option.  Please help so I don't have to go back to Google Drive! 

spavent
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Windows 10 New Yoga 720  Google chrome.   Can't save files to DB from Gmail.  Get the Job reached maximum retry attempts error. 

babeard
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Frank,

I've tried clearing cache/cookies and pluggins.  Nothing.  Still getting the same msg:

"Job has reached maximum retry attempts"

Never a problem before.

Please advise.

Frank_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey all,

Quick update on this. We've made some changes on our side that should improve the success rate for saving files to your Dropbox via the Gmail Chrome addin. The underlying cause behind the degradation in performance appears to be caused by an issue with attachment links that Gmail is providing us, so we've reached out to them to try and resolve this fully. 

As always, once I have more information to share I'll loop back here with an update!

Frank

Dallas645
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you for all of your help on this!

I just tried it and it half way worked so hopefully they will get the bugs worked out soon. It finally let me save it (super slow) but then it will not let me open any of the saved documents. I get this error "The file “Omitted Property Tax Form.pdf” could not be opened. It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesn’t recognize." These are normal PDF documents I am trying to save. 

Thank you!

tiger2
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks once again for the update, Frank. We all really appreciate your support!

jolkadre
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you! Now all is working!

babeard
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks much for the prompt reply.  All working now!

Need more support?