cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Submit your story to win a $25 Amazon gift card and a Dropbox hoodie! Ends Nov. 16
Known issues updated Learn more
6 Comments
3 Likes
Highlighted
Level 5

New business account files not syncing

I just started a trial Business account.  Now the files on my computer are not synced at all.  I downloaded the Dropbox program again (twice) and restarted my computer.  Nothing.  There are no green icons indicating syncing on the files on my computer (Windows 10 Microsoft Surface Pro 3).  The files are online, however.  I want the business account for selective sync because I want to save hard drive space. How can I get my computer files to sync?

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Super User II

Re: New business account files not syncing

Have you set up the Business Account on the machine? If you already have an account on the machine it doesnt happen automatically you need to link them: https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/connect-personal-account

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

6 Replies
Super User II

Have you set up the Business Account on the machine? If you already have an account on the machine it doesnt happen automatically you need to link them: https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/connect-personal-account

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 5

Since the Business Account was set up for me as a trial, I don't know what my login credentials are.  And the person who got me to sign up now is not responding to my emails.

Level 5

I have downloaded the Dropbox app to my machine, but when I try to sign in it just hangs and the system tray icon says updating Dropbox account and is hung up, too! I have talked to 3 business support techs over the past 4 hours! No one has been able to resolve this problem.
Dropboxer

Hey there @kokubund - how are you today?

I can see you are in direct communication with a higher level of support and I can assure you that your case is currently under review. In the meantime, could you please let me know if you are having an anti-virus/firewall or another security program that could be preventing our application from connecting properly to the internet? Note that you could take a look here for more information about this. 

Another thing I would try if I were you is the offline installer from this page. Can you give that a try and let me know if the issue you're having persists? 

Thanks in advance for your response. I'll make sure to include your comments in your already existing ticket once you get back to me with your updates. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 5

Hi Walt,

As a matter of fact, my problem is now resolved (although the offline installer did not work for me) and my files are syncing.  All is good.  Thanks!

Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me posted on this one @kokubund - I appreciate it.

I have gone ahead and closed your support tickets for you in order to avoid spamming your inbox. Should you come up with any other Dropbox related question or issue, don't hesitate to write back and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using Dropbox and enjoy the rest of your day!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Syncing and uploads.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post