cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Offline sync speed very slow (Android app)

Level 2

I am using an Android app and I have seleceted a folder for Offline sync to device but the speed is terribly slow. I have tried different Wifi networks with measured high speed but that does not seem to make a difference. Simple click on the file within the app downloads it instantly but if it is chosen to be available offline than the sync speed is ... very slow.

Any help suggestions, please? Thank you.

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Offline sync speed very slow (Android app)

Dropboxer
Hey there @Marian42

Could you please clarify if offlining is slow for large files or does it occur for any file size? Could you also try exporting a file to your mobile device and then offline it too? Do you see a change in speed by any chance?

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Hi,

it seems like the speed is irrelevant to the file size. It does not matter if I sync 20 MB mp3 of audiobook or a 20 KB of docx lyrics/chords - where the progress bar is visible (though it is in absolute time short).

Exporting a 17 MB file to device took ca. 10 sec, making the same file offline is zero time, as it is cached probably. Offlining another one of 18 MB took almost double.

M.

Edit: It seems another difference is made when I make a whole folder offline (e.g. whole audio book, more file within), then it is even slower.

Dropboxer
Hey again @Marian42, thanks for the swift reply. 

In order to further investigate this, I’ve sent you a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile. Please check your inbox for my latest message and we’ll take it from there. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 2

Tried several proposed things (via separate email communication with Lusil), however it seems the issue has solved "by itself" in meantime. The speeds are back to normal. Thanks for the help!

Dropboxer
No worries, @Marian42! Thanks for letting us know and glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concern in the end. 

If you have any other questions in the future, don’t hesitate to give us a shout. In the meantime, have a wonderful day ahead!

Lusil

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Offline sync speed very slow (Android app)
5 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post