cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updated my iphone x to ios 12, now my camera upload is not working

Scan Document feature freezes on "Waiting to Upload"

birdenvy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Howdy all,

I keep getting a glitch when attempting to create a document through the Dropbox "Scan Document" feature. I can scan the document, make adjustments, etc, but once I hit "Save" it gets stuck with the message 'Waiting to Upload".

I've been working on this for about an hour, attempted about a dozen scans. Sometimes the blue progress bar appears, moves to the right, then goes back to the message "Wating to Upload". Sometimes it will cycle through this a few times, sometimes it just stays on the "Waiting to Upload" mesage.

It also gets stuck if I hit the "Save as Scan" button on a photo from the Camera Uploads folder.

I'm only using 12.9% of a 2 TB account, and Dropbox is updated to the newest version. I'm using an iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 11.2.5. I have about 180GB avialble space on my iPhone. I can upload documents to Dropbox from other apps on my iPhone, they sync just fine. Camera Uploads is turned On, and syncing photos and videos just fine.

I've tried the following:

• tried to save one page scans, 5 page scans, custom names, default name, small and large file size settings
  • waited for 20+minutes on upload
  • tried to save to different folders
  • turned wi-fi off and on again on phone
  • restarted Dropbox, restarted the phone

Any solutions out there?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ross_S
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi all,

We have pushed a server-side fix. You should see that the Doc Scanner now functions as expected.

There's no need to update to a new build, as the fix exists on our server.

Many thanks for your patience!

View solution in original post

34 Replies 34

ylauarch
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

when i go to my camera upload folder in dropbox app, the progress bar shows up at top but no progress. Also no error message, just seems stuck. phone is fully charged and i have also tried with it plugged in. This was working before ios 12 with icloud backup on. i do not want to turn off my icloud backup.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, if you keep iCloud backup on, and have its "Optimize iPhone Storage" setting enabled, this will save your full-resolution files in iCloud and store "optimized" versions on your phone.

Since the full-resolution images are stored in iCloud, the camera uploads feature needs to connect to the iCloud servers to upload each full-resolution image to Dropbox. This can be a slow process that depends on the strength of the connection to the iCloud servers.

Could you confirm if the optimize setting is enabled on your iCloud settings?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @birdenvy - sorry to hear that!

Could you please let me know if you're running our latest version of the mobile app (it's 114.2 for iOS devices)?

Could you please try to clear the cache on your app and then sign out and back into your Dropbox account?

Also, I see you mentioned an older version of the iOS on your mobile — would you mind updating your device’s OS and seeing if the issue persists?

Moreover, could you try clearing your caches too?  To clear your cache, please follow the steps listed below:
- Navigate to the “Personal” tab
- Tap the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the screen
- Select “Clear Cache”.

Once this is done then please ensure you log out of the Dropbox application, then restart your device and log back in again.

I hope this helps and let me know how this goes. Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

JessKris
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi

I have same problem, and i am running 114.2.2 on IOS 12, i followed the steps, and that did not solve the problem.

Could this be related to IOS 12?

BR

Jess

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for your report @JessKris - could you send me a screenshot of the problem too please?

Thanks!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

JessKris
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Sure

Image-1.jpgFile 

File Just sits there - waiting for ever 

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the swift response with this screenshot Jess - much obliged.

Can you also let me know if you have already cleared your cache ( as per my previous post on this thread)? Also, have you restarted your mobile at all lately? Does this persist when you use only cellular data, your wifi or both? Can you perform some tests for me? First would be to try the same action when on cellular data. Second one is to try it on WiFi only and the last step would be to try with both options activated. 

If possible, could you try this on another WiFi as well?  Moreover, does this happen for all of your scans or only this specific one? 

Thank you for your cooperation in advance @JessKris!~

Walter
dropbox.com/support

JessKris
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi Walter

As stated in my firt reply, i have follewed your exact instructions to @birdenvy to the discussed result

I havd tried to use both wifi and 4G - both same result. we are using an enterprice account, and my collegue across the desk are having same issue.

Its not just this file, i have followed your procedure several times, and have lost a couple of important scans in the process unfortuanately

BR

Jess

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for the additional information and your speedy response Jess.

Would it be OK if I reached out to you via email to the address you use for your forum's profile directly so we can work on this together as it will be easier to have an expert look into it this way?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?