Second computer checked as synced but actually is not

SOLVED
1 Comment
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2

Second computer checked as synced but actually is not

Hi,

one year ago, I installed dropbox on 2 computers, my laptop and a desktop. From my laptop, I put some files in the dropbox folder. The same files could then also be found by opening the dropbox folder from the desktop. Everything ok there.

I haven't been using my desktop (or rarely) since then, and haven't paid attention to the dropbox folder. Now I would like to use my desktop. During this one year, I have created many new files in the dropbox folder, while working on my laptop (total size 28GB). When I open the dropbox folder via the desktop, total size is only 1.5GB and it seems to me (as I recall) that it is like if it had not synched since a year.

However, on my desktop, dropbox shows the green checks, indicating that the folders have been synched.

Both my desktop and my laptop have dropbox installed, with the same account, and in both it is stated "XX.X% of X,XXX.XGB used" where XX.X and X,XXX.X are the same for both.

My desktop OS is Ubuntu. My laptop OS is Windows 7. Both are connected to the internet.

I would like that what is in the dropbox folder seen from my desktop is the same as what is actually in my dropbox folder (which is the same as what is in the dropbox folder seen from my laptop).

Thanks for your kind help,

Olivier

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Level 2

Re: Second computer checked as synced but actually is not

I have adressed the points given in the help here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/syncing-uploads/files-update-issues

and after doing point 7 (un-link and then re-link) it is now synchronizing!

Note that in order to re-link (to connect to dropbox) it asked me to update dropbox software (which I thought I had just done, but I may have failed there) which I did (I had to, because otherwise it wouldn't let me log in).

1 Reply
Solution
Level 2

Re: Second computer checked as synced but actually is not

I have adressed the points given in the help here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/syncing-uploads/files-update-issues

and after doing point 7 (un-link and then re-link) it is now synchronizing!

Note that in order to re-link (to connect to dropbox) it asked me to update dropbox software (which I thought I had just done, but I may have failed there) which I did (I had to, because otherwise it wouldn't let me log in).