cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective sync doesn't work when hard drive is full. What should I do?

4 Comments
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3

Selective sync doesn't work when hard drive is full. What should I do?

Hi, The dropbox in my computer is so big that it takes all the hard drive; hence, it already stop syncing. What I want to do is to do "selective syncing" but when I try it does not work. It said my hard drive is full to do "selective syncing". It's confusing for me, because I want to free space in dropbox, I choose "selective syncing". But then I cannot do it because I do not have free space? So what exactly should I do? so that the folder in online version remains untouched, and the folder in my computer disappears? Thank you
4 Replies
Super User II

Re: Selective sync doesn't work when hard drive is full. What should I do?

You are going to need to make space on your harddrive first I'm afraid by deleting data elsewhere or moving it to an external storage provider while you configure Selective Sync.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 3

Hi, but the thing is how to make space for my hard drive. Could you suggest any solutions for it?

Thank you

Super User II

There arent any with Dropbox unfortunately.

You will need to remove other files/folders.

Maybe start by emptying recycle bin etc.

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 3

Hi, the computer has nothing but only dropbox. And the dropbox takes all the space already. That causes the main

trouble, I think.

Then what if I unlink the dropbox, then reinstall it again? Do you think it would be a feasible idea?