Top kudoed members this week! See now

Since iOS 11 upgrade, camera uploads stopped working

SOLVED
91 Comments
32 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5

Since iOS 11 upgrade, camera uploads stopped working

I upgraded to ios 11 last night, and now Dropbox won't upload my photos. On the Camera Uploads dialog, it just spins and says "Finding photos to upload..."

I tried turning Camera Uploads off and on in the Dropbox settings but that didn't help.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Level 2

Re: Since iOS 11 upgrade, camera uploads stopped working

I have the same issue. Here is what I did to fix it.

Dropbox 64.2.2 is the latest version and it cannot find the new Photo format (HEIC) in iOS11.

Go to settings - camera on your iOS device and then click on format and change it from "High Efficiency" to "Most Compatible."

Then, delete all photos from your Photos app that were taken in the new format. If you dont' delete the HEIC formatted photos, Drop Box keeps looking for them until it errors out and consumes a lot of battery.

Then take some photos, Drop Box will work as it did before.

Works for me, but it sucks because this version of the app is supposed to work with the new format that saves space on the device.

91 Replies
Solution
Level 2

I have the same issue. Here is what I did to fix it.

Dropbox 64.2.2 is the latest version and it cannot find the new Photo format (HEIC) in iOS11.

Go to settings - camera on your iOS device and then click on format and change it from "High Efficiency" to "Most Compatible."

Then, delete all photos from your Photos app that were taken in the new format. If you dont' delete the HEIC formatted photos, Drop Box keeps looking for them until it errors out and consumes a lot of battery.

Then take some photos, Drop Box will work as it did before.

Works for me, but it sucks because this version of the app is supposed to work with the new format that saves space on the device.

Level 2

Thank you, your fixed worked perfectly

Level 3

There is no format option.

Level 4

Settings > Camera > Formats > Most Compatible
Level 2

There is no format option under Photos and Camera in settings.

Is there any other way to do this?

FYI - my Dropbox camera upload shows the following message: "Camera upload suspended. Please wait for the next app release"

Level 5

Yesterday, the App Store upgraded my Dropbox app to version 64.3. In Dropbox App -> Recents -> Settings (gear in upper left corner) -> Camera Uploads then scroll down and there is an option "SAVE HEIC PHOTOS AS: JPG / HEIC." Since that update, my photos have all uploaded. Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cxrgu7tce2xqqml/2017-09-24%2007.49.53.png?dl=0
Level 2

Thank you Chris for your answer.

I have the same problem, although I have set the default option already to “most compatible” for the first minute I was using iOS11.

I just upgraded Dropbox to version 64.3 but I don’t have this new option under Camera Uploads. I even reinstalled the app. I do however have the option to save as JPG or HEIC when I manually upload photos.

Am I missing something or does this new option rely on some other setting?

Thanks!
Level 2

The recommended solution is to disable HEIC? Uhm, can we just get it to work, please? And I have gone to Settings > Camera Uploads and I do have the HEIC option between convering it to JPEG or leaving it as HEIC. In both cases it still stalls out and can't proceed.  <<sigh>>

Level 2

Same here. App version 64.3.4   Appstore not showing any available updates. No option to set format in Camera uploads.

Have dozens of HEIC photos sitting on my phone, Dropbox app stuck. This is happening to premium users as well...

Seriously, it's not like there was no Beta of ios 11. Dropbox team..resting on your laurels?