Did you mean: 
Announcements
In need of some #MondayMotivation? Read more

Since iOS 11 upgrade, camera uploads stopped working

60 Comments
32 Kudos
Level 2

Re: Since iOS 11 upgrade, camera uploads stopped working

Same here. App version 64.3.4 Appstore not showing any available updates. No option to set format in Camera uploads.
Have dozens of HEIC photos sitting on my phone, Dropbox app stuck. This is happening to premium users as well...

Seriously, it's not like there was no Beta of ios 11. Dropbox team..resting on your laurels?
Highlighted
Level 2

Videos and photos not uploading

Since the new iOS 11 update and the 64.3 version update my iphone6 and my iPads are not uploading videos or pictures when I try to sync. I have checked my settings and have both cellular and wi-fi on but neither are working. It constantly says finding photos to update.

Level 4

Doesn't show this option on my phone. I use 64.3.4 on Iphone 7.
Dropboxer

Re: Videos and photos not uploading

Hey @awdpro, welcome to our community! 

Are you using our Camera Uploads feature? If so, can you please try using only the WiFi, and see if the issue resolves? 

Have you tried a good-old-fashioned restart?!

Sometimes toggling the Camera Uploads feature off/on will get things going again. On your iOS device: 
  • go to Recents in our app
  • tap on the gear icon
  • tap on Camera Uploads
  • turn Camera Uploads off, and then back on
Take a look at these, and let me know how it goes.
Thanks!

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Level 2

So this worked for me for my photos, especially after changing format to JPG and not the HEIC.  However, videos are another problem and are not automatically uploading, I have to manually go in and pull them in.  Have you seen this happen before and if so, is there a fix for videos?

Level 6

Turning off HEIC is not an acceptable solution for iOS 11 on iPhone 8.  Doing so means *no* UHD recording at 60FPS and no 240FPS capture at 1080!

This needs to be fixed.  We're paying for this service and iPhone 8 users - a LOT of users - are left in the dark with broken camera uploads.

Level 4

After upgrading to IOS 11.0.1 the option "Save HEIC photos as" appeared in the dropbox app.

Maybe IOS bug. Maybe coincidence. Anyway, resolved for me.

Level 6

This is not resolved.  Yes, the option is there but the app will hang at searching for items in camera roll.

Even if I change to compatible it will upload photos but not videos.  This is a serious issue as it makes the photo upload feature useless to anyone with an iphone 8!

Level 5

Since iOS 11 upgrade, major problems

Since upgrading to iOS 11, the Dropbox APP on my iPhone 7 plus is broken when it comes to autouploading photos in the background.  I'm currently running Dropbox App version 64.3.4 on iOS 11.0.1.

First off, I'm not seeing the option to save as either HEIC or JPG under the Camera Uploads settings.  I've seen on the forum that others are having this issue as well.

The big problem I want to address here is with Location Services and background uploading.  When I enable background uploading in the Dropbox settings, it of course says you need to enable location services for Dropbox...this is where the problems occur.

You'll notice in the images below that there is no status listed for Dropbox in my location services.  When I click on Dropbox to change the status, the only option I have is 'Never'.

Dropbox Location Services
Options for Location Services

When I click on 'Never' and then go back into the choices, it will give me the other options 'Always' and 'Only When Using', but when I choose 'Always', it disables 'Background Uploading' in the Dropbox App. This is a never ending cycle.

I'm not sure if this is a bug with the Dropbox App or iOS 11, but I do know that Onedrive is background uploading just fine and the fact that I'm not seeing the HEIC or JPG option in the Dropbox App makes me think something is wrong on the Dropbox end.

Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution to the problem?

Very frustrating.

Thanks in advance for any help.

John

Level 5

This is happening with iPhone 7 users as well. It's an iOS 11 issue, not a hardware issue.

Very frustrating!