Smart Sync, File Browser, Finder Preview, Adobe CC 2018

SOLVED
Go to solution
8 Comments
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Level 6

Smart Sync, File Browser, Finder Preview, Adobe CC 2018

Hi, I'm already in discussion with the Dropbox Support. But I'm wondering if other users have the same issues:

I'm recently updated to Dropbox Professional. I've changed the status for a lot of files so that these files are online available. First problem: For some files I have small preview. But for some larger Tiffs – no preview. If I try with Illustrator to browse through my folders via the opening dialogue window and there is a folder or file which is only online available Illustrator starts freezing until the files are downloaded. It gets even worse with InDesign. With Photoshop I can browse through folders only if the view is on list view. If I try to preview, the file starts to download. If I enter the folder in grid view all files starts to download immediatly.

Is there anybody having the same issues?

Is Smart Sync not meant for those behaviours? So, if it's not possible to browse through my files and folders that are only online availabe and previewing them with any app (without downloading) then I must admit that I totally misunderstood Smart Sync.

Best,

Niki

3 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Smart Sync, File Browser, Finder Preview, Adobe CC 2018

Hey @Nikis

I’m not using CC at all, so I have no experiences to share with you. I also don’t want to get in the way of the support agent you’re in contact with. 

What I will say is that some of the behavior you have described could be related to running non-stable, non-final releases of an application. 

Take a look and make sure you’re using the latest stable version of our desktop app, currently 38.4.27. A beta version is denoted by a xx.3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. If you are on a beta build, it means that you have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings. I recommend that you switch this off, and them install our stable build. 

I hope this helps. Let me know when you get a chance. 

Have a great weekend smiling face with sunglasses

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Solution
Dropboxer

Hey @Nikis

Thanks for getting back to me about this. Have you and our support team made any progress on this issue? 

Cheers

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Solution
Level 6

Hi Sanchez,

No progress til yet.

Best,

Niki

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]
8 Replies
Solution
Dropboxer

Hey @Nikis

I’m not using CC at all, so I have no experiences to share with you. I also don’t want to get in the way of the support agent you’re in contact with. 

What I will say is that some of the behavior you have described could be related to running non-stable, non-final releases of an application. 

Take a look and make sure you’re using the latest stable version of our desktop app, currently 38.4.27. A beta version is denoted by a xx.3.xx, instead of the xx.4.xx. If you are on a beta build, it means that you have opted in to Early Releases in your online account settings. I recommend that you switch this off, and them install our stable build. 

I hope this helps. Let me know when you get a chance. 

Have a great weekend smiling face with sunglasses

slightly smiling face

Level 6

Hello Sanchez,

Thank your for your help. I've downgraded to Dropbox 38.4.27 (advenced reinstall). Nothing changed.

Best

Niki

Solution
Dropboxer

Hey @Nikis

Thanks for getting back to me about this. Have you and our support team made any progress on this issue? 

Cheers

slightly smiling face

Solution
Level 6

Hi Sanchez,

No progress til yet.

Best,

Niki

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Find Answers section here. ]
Dropboxer

Hey @Nikis, it’s been quite a while since we last touched base. Has this been resolved? 

Let me know if you’d like. 
Thanks!

slightly smiling face

Hey Guys,

I found this article from the Adobe forums that mentions what you were dicsussing I believe. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2306883

Level 6

Are you serious? Did you read it?

1. it is not an adobe-only problem. I have the same trouble with other apps.

2. I need to display the recent files. Every app has this function. Do You really think I would switch this off because of smart sync? Not smart nor professional.

3. my solution: downgrading to Dropbox plus, because I can‘t see the professional benefit in db pro ...
Level 2

Feel the exact same way.

Upgraded for that very same feature....and it dosent work.

What a ripp off.

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4839
Mark 3754
Jane 1054
Tom_M 886
Greg K. 804