Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Sync automatically switches to local

SOLVED
25 Comments
13 Kudos
Dropboxer

Re: Smart Sync automatically switches to local

Hey @Matt S.12, thanks for the update, and for submitting a ticket. I’m sorry we weren’t able to find a solution for you here. I hope you’ll stop back by and let everyone know how this turns out winking face

Thanks! 

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Dropboxer

Hey @ewm, welcome to our community! 

Thank you for stopping by and letting us know what worked for you. We appreciate it slightly smiling face

Cheers 

(by the way, your English is just fine!)

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face

Dropboxer

I would like to have a look at your case. Can you tell me your ticket number from your exchange with our support team?

I’m not sure if this would be relevant in your case (and @Matt S.12’s), but have you enabled the Dropbox system extension on your Macs?

Have a look here for more info. 
Thanks

slightly smiling face

Level 4

Hey @Sanchez

That'd be awesome. My ticket number is #7126329. I haven't heard anything back from them yet though.

I believe I did enable the Dropbox system extensions because Smart Sync is definitely there and able to "use".

Let me know if there's anything else you need!
Highlighted
Solution
Community Manager

Hi all,

Thanks for the tickets and for raising this issue. I spoke to our team and this is what they recommended:

- Temporarily quit or disable applications systematically until you see that the issue is resolved.

The last application that you closed when the issue no longer occurred may be the one performing this action.

If the application that is converting these online-only files to local files is an antivirus application, please let us know the name and version so I can pass this on to them.

Thank you!

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! slightly smiling face

ewm
Level 5

AV.jpg

I solved this problem by enable the real-time protection.

Dropboxer

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve checked on your ticket, and see that our agent replied to you quite a few days ago. Can you check for that email and let me know? You may have to check Spam/Junk folder too. 

Thanks! 

slightly smiling face

Level 3

I have the same issue with Avira Free Antivirus 15.0.33.24 and Windows 7.

Adding Dropbox to the exceptions list does not resolve the problem. Turning off real-time protection is a fix, but a bad one.

Thanks,

msacarny

ewm
Level 5

You are wright and should not turn off the real time protection completely.

My question is, does it work if you turn the real time protection off for a test?

If no, you have a different problem, but if yes, check your input in the exception list again.

It works for me fine for 3 PC's, but I use the Pro Version and Windows 10.

Best regards

Level 3

Turning off Real-time protection avoids files/folders changing back to Local. With real-time protection enabled, even with [full path]\Dropbox.exe and [path to Dropbox folder]\ in exceptions, the files\folders revert to Local a few seconds after selecting Online only. Very frustrating.