Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

3 Comments
1 Like
Highlighted
Level 4

Smart sync doesn't work...

Hi all,

I have a 2To dropbox plan and all my files are configured "online" with smart sync.

Though it still takes all the space on my local hd, and my Macbook (El Capitan) has a hard time working in these conditions. 

I had signedup for this plan to get freed from space issues and now I feel stuck.

Please help me fix that.

3 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: Smart sync doesn't work...

Hey there (@Nonoémie), I ran a search on my end on our system & I can see that my colleague has replied on your inquiry via email. As it would be best to gather all relevant details on one correspondence, please include your findings on this conversation. Our tech assistant has direct access to your account setup through our Official Support channel, so rest assured that they’ll do their best to expedite matters for you.

Whenever you have some spare time, please have a look at your inbox for their latest message & please do let me know here if I can be of assistance in any way on my end. Thanks again for checking in with us on the Forum & I’m wishing you a wonderful week ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 4

Hi Jane,

nothing your colleague told me has been helping.

On my own I have been pointing out that space gets bigger after a reboot. 

In order to transfer all my files to dropbox I have to uploade them one by one and reboot between each big file. It takes a huge amount of time and it is very far from the idea I had of a reliable system. I wouldn't recommend Dropbox at this moment, because I find it very poor technically and the hotline is inefficient.

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way @Nonoémie. In order to further explore your options after this point, I’ve reached out to you on my end. You may have a look at your inbox at your earliest convenience if you’d like us to work on that together. Thanks in advance! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Syncing and uploads.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post