Pledging our support for Water! Read more

Stop Notifications!

SOLVED
9 Comments
3 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4

Stop Notifications!

I get constant notification banners across the right side of my screen that so-and-so updated a file. Our team does this all day and it interferes with my work. I also get these notifications when I'm not at work. I don't want any notification banners and want to turn them off.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Dropboxer

Re: Stop Notifications!

Hi Lori

In this help center article: https://www.dropbox.com/help/34, you can find all relevant steps on how to disable notifications on your device. Can you please take some time to look into that and reach out again if you experience any issues? 

Thanks, 

JaneA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution White check mark if this post answers your question!
Kudos relieved face are always appreciated!! Rainbow

9 Replies
Super User II

Lori wrote:

I don't want any notification banners and want to turn them off.

Then turn them off. It's an option in Preferences.

Notification settings in PreferencesNotification settings in Preferences

Level 4

There are no Preferences in Settings. Where might these settings be?

Solution
Dropboxer

Hi Lori

In this help center article: https://www.dropbox.com/help/34, you can find all relevant steps on how to disable notifications on your device. Can you please take some time to look into that and reach out again if you experience any issues? 

Thanks, 

JaneA

Super User II

Lori wrote:

There are no Preferences in Settings. Where might these settings be?

Account settings are accessed on the web site. Application preferences are accessed through the Dropbox application on your computer. See the following help article for information on how to access Preferences, then follow the help article that Jane posted above.

Level 4

Thank You! As a final comment, it wouldn't hurt to have all the settings available under the gear icon in the settings menu as well. It is the settings menu after all.

Super User II

The settings under the gear icon are specific to the computer you're on. The settings under the Settings menu on the website are specific to your account. As the notification banners are set per device, they're located within the application itself and not the website. Other notifications, such as those received via email, are located under Settings on the website.

Level 2

That article is unclear (what do they mean by "menu bar"?). I wasn't able to solve that problem until I got this link: https://www.dropbox.com/help/166, which was a lot more helpful.
Level 2

Thank you SO MUCH! I had gotten a new phone,a nd forgot to set it up to send all my photos to dropbox. Since May.  SO thi smorning I realized what happened, so I got that set up.  My computer has been driving me crazy all morning with those damned notifications!  You saved my sanity <3

Dropboxer

Hey all, 

If it's not too much trouble for you, would you mind taking a minute of your time to fill out a survey sharing your experience using the Dropbox Community? You can access it here: http://bit.ly/2lNKIxT .

[This thread is now closed. If you experience further issues, feel free to get back in touch here, we'd be glad to follow-up. ]

Warm regards, 
JaneA