cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Did you know you can get an answer in less than 2 hours? Try asking a question now!
5 Comments
2 Likes
Highlighted
Level 3

The Dropbox folders in my computer are not syncing with the ones in www.dropbox.com

I ´ve just realised that the information I have in the dropbox folders in my computer ( Mac) is not syncing with the ones I have in the folder in www.dropbox.com . Why ? 

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Super User II

Re: The Dropbox folders in my computer are not syncing with the ones in www.dropbox.com

The client is the bit of software that does the syncing part of Dropbox.

It will be in the menu bar (near the clock) as a small black Dropbox icon.

It may be worth simply doing a reinstall to get it back: www.dropbox.com/downloading

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

5 Replies
Super User II

Re: The Dropbox folders in my computer are not syncing with the ones in www.dropbox.com

Is the Dropbox client running? If so, what does it say when you hover your cursor over the Dropbox icon in your menu bar?
Level 3

Hi Rich, and thanks for your help. It doesn't say anything. In fact, I don't know what is the "Dropbox client".
Super User II

It may be worth simply doing a reinstall to get it back: www.dropbox.com/downloading

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 2

Hi, Mark, this solved the problem for me.  I'd love to click on "accept as solution" but I can't find where to click!

@Mark wrote:

Dropboxer

Hey @jamesworks75503, welcome to the Dropbox community! 

Thanks for letting us know what worked for you. I’ve accepted Mark’s answer as the solution on your behalf, but I’m curious as to why you weren’t seeing the Accept as Solution button. It should be at the bottom of a post, under the Reply button…

Screenshot 2018-04-16 at 1.24.16 PM.png

If you’re not seeing this while logged in to your account on our forum, can you please take a screenshot of the entire window (omitting any personal information), and post it in your reply? 

Cheers!

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Syncing and uploads

Welcome! If you have a question about Dropbox, you’re in the right place

Post your question or search for an answer, the community is here to help

Not looking for support? Explore other features of Dropbox

Learn more about the community

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post
  • IsabelC1
  • jamesworks75503
  • Sanchez
  • Mark
  • Rich