Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

2 Comments
0 Likes
Highlighted

The desktop app is constantly starting up

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Syncing-and-uploads/Drop-box-is-stuck-at-quot-Starting-quot-but-file...

This is in reference to the above thread that seems to have been resolved for most people on that thread about a month ago.

I am still having this issue, with Windows 10 and a surfacebook 2. I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, just restarting dropbox, unlinking, checking for windows updates. It still is stuck on "starting..."

2 Replies
Super User II

Re: Stuck on starting

Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software and try again. Also, check the Proxy setting in Dropbox Preferences and ensure that it's set to No Proxy.

Re: Stuck on starting

I have no firewalls or antivirus outside of windows default settings, and no proxy.

Should I disable windows firewall and antivirus also? This is a brand new laptop, so there shouldn't be anything odd. I set everything to be "on the cloud" instead of local trying to get it to hopefully start and sync.
Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Syncing and uploads.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post