cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wrong Timestamp (+7hrs in future)

Incorrect Timestamp shown to uploaded files

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I noticed yesterday that the timestamp on my uploaded and edited files are anywhere between 6 and 9 hours earlier. My Time zone settings are set correctly.

78 Replies 78

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Rich. I see you are asking everyone that has this issue the same questions. If you want to help, please explain your questions a little better? I am just seeing that your reply is on every post about the timestamp issue, and I am not seeing it answered nor resolved.

apraetor
Super User alumni
Go to solution
@SusanR Those files are opened in Excel online, which is part of Microsoft Office Online, which is similar to Office 365.

How about the non-Office files you have timestamp problem with? How are those uploaded?

apraetor
Super User alumni
Go to solution
Thanks, @Kevin. That definitely sounds like an issue with the Office Online integration. Just to double check, when you said the time was set correctly in Dropbox (many posts ago), did you mean you have the correct time zone selected in your Dropbox.com account preferences? There's a setting section on the website where you can set your timezone.

Johnsonlimkl
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
Will do.....you too let me know if you have the answer.

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

@apraetorThe files, being pictures I uploaded? Those were taken from my phone which have zero to do with Office?!?

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I wish I did, but this is Day 5. I will let you know if I get it resolved though.

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
@ apraetor. What? That would be very easy, but what if your Timezone is now gone in Dropbox.com preferences?

apraetor
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Are the photos being uploaded by your phone directly to Camera Uploads? Or are you importing them to your computer and the Dropbox client syncing them? Or are you uploading them via dropbox.com? Without knowing how the files are being imported it is hard to offer solutions.

As far as the timezone, follow the instructions in this post to set your timezone: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Manage-account/Trouble-with-setting-time-zone/td-p/207699

If your timezone is incorrect then turn off automatic and set it manually. 

Screenshot_20180214-012649.png

SusanR
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
The photos were imported to my computer and uploaded in Dropbox while I was chatting online with Office so they could see the time issues. I also tried your link above to reset the timezone, as I have done numerous times, and I toggled the automatic timezone on and off etc, and it does not work. It still shows 7 hours off.

apraetor
Super User alumni
Go to solution
@SusanR

If auto time zone isn't working, try setting it manually.

After changing time zones did you upload a brand new document or try editing an existing one? In both cases it should work; however, existing documents won't start showing the correct timestamp until they are edited.

As for the photos, were they uploaded to Dropbox using the client, or through Dropbox.com, though?
Need more support?