cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the blue icon on my files mean?

What does the blue icon on my files mean?

markhartell
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

What do the two blue arrows on documents that are on my desktop mean. I'm assuming it's some soft of indication that the file is replicated on Dropbox.com but why can't we get notified before changes are implemented and have some sort of explanation

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@markhartell wrote:

What do the two blue arrows on documents that are on my desktop mean

The blue circle with rotating arrows :arrows_counterclockwise: means individual files and folders are in the process of syncing to Dropbox. Once the syncing process is finished, you’ll see a green circle with a check mark :white_check_mark: next to your files. You can find more info about the syncing icons here

@markhartell wrote:

why can't we get notified before changes are implemented

If you’d like to get notified of changes, you can set it up so as to get notified via your desktop app or mobile app, or/and receive email notifications. You can also manually check out more info on changes that have occurred in your account via your events page

I hope this helped to some extent! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@markhartell wrote:

What do the two blue arrows on documents that are on my desktop mean

The blue circle with rotating arrows :arrows_counterclockwise: means individual files and folders are in the process of syncing to Dropbox. Once the syncing process is finished, you’ll see a green circle with a check mark :white_check_mark: next to your files. You can find more info about the syncing icons here

@markhartell wrote:

why can't we get notified before changes are implemented

If you’d like to get notified of changes, you can set it up so as to get notified via your desktop app or mobile app, or/and receive email notifications. You can also manually check out more info on changes that have occurred in your account via your events page

I hope this helped to some extent! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?