What happened to 'events'

SOLVED
18 Comments
22 Kudos
Highlighted
JG3
Level 4

What happened to 'events'

I used the 'events' view quite frequently to see what was changing in shared folders.

After the update, the 'events' section is gone from the web interface. The updates page indicates that selecting a checkbox next to a folder will reveal the 'events' option. No dice for me, how does this work? Please tell me this feature hasn't been scrapped. Or actually, if it has well tell me so I know to stop looking.

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Super User II

Re: What happened to 'events'

The link has been (stupidly in my opinion) been removed, however, you can see manually navigate to it via www.dropbox.com/events

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

18 Replies
Solution
Super User II

The link has been (stupidly in my opinion) been removed, however, you can see manually navigate to it via www.dropbox.com/events

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JG3
Level 4

Weird. Oh well, at least it still can be accessed, thanks so much for the tip!

EE Level 2
Level 2

There doesn't seem to be any reason to have removed it. I'm really irritated by that. Thanks for the tip though.

Super User II

EE wrote:

There doesn't seem to be any reason to have removed it. I'm really irritated by that. Thanks for the tip though.

The push really seems to be towars people using Recents, but, in my opinion Recents is a dangerous feature as you never quite know what is going to pop up on it when you open it. To me its a data protection nightmare!

Level 6

I hope this is not permanent. I have found Events very useful and would like them accessible from the web menu instead of remembering a link.
Super User II

Sadly it is permanent (at least in this incarnation of the website) from what we can tell :(

Level 6

Hi Mark,

Can we export events to csv? Thanks you!
Super User II

No. Dropbox has no such feature.

Level 6

Hi Rich,

Can we use API to code tool?