Did you mean: 
Announcements

yes

4 Comments
1 Like
Highlighted
Level 2

Why aren't my files syncing to Dropbox?

I have quite a lot of new files on my desktop computer that have not synced recently to Dropbox. The folders are checked in Settings and as far as I can tell should be syncing. But the names I give most of my data files end with a date in the format YYYY-MM-DD so I can see no 2019 files have been synced. I don't use colons in my filenames. Are there other characters that cause a file not to be synced? Any ideas about what else may be causing it? Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Super User II

Re: Why aren't my files syncing to Dropbox?

@Erik_S wrote:

Are there other characters that cause a file not to be synced?

Level 2

Thanks. All my files pass the bad files check, and when I manually copy a new subfolder (that I think should have been synced to Dropbox automatically) into Dropbox on my PC the folder shows up and has a check mark as though it's synced. However, the files are not present on Dropbox.com or my iPad. No files created this year in any corresponding desktop computer folders are synced. The files I've deleted from selected folders are not deleted from Dropbox on my desktop machine, dropbox.com or my iPad. Should I be doing something other than just copying my desktop files into the Dropbox folder or its subfolders? Am I supposed to do something other than just copy them?

Any other ideas?

Level 4

@Erik_S wrote:

Thanks. All my files pass the bad files check, and when I manually copy a new subfolder (that I think should have been synced to Dropbox automatically) into Dropbox on my PC the folder shows up and has a check mark as though it's synced. However, the files are not present on Dropbox.com or my iPad. No files created this year in any corresponding desktop computer folders are synced. The files I've deleted from selected folders are not deleted from Dropbox on my desktop machine, dropbox.com or my iPad. Should I be doing something other than just copying my desktop files into the Dropbox folder or its subfolders? Am I supposed to do something other than just copy them?

Any other ideas?

me too!

Level 4

2019-01-15.png

Syncing and uploads

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Syncing and uploads.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post