cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why is sync so slow on iPhone?

How to speed up Dropbox uploads on iPhone

ashley m.18
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Dropbox sync only happens when I have the Dropbox iPhone app actively open, and even then it takes about 5 minutes to upload a single photo. This is for camera roll sync.

54 Replies 54

John D.132
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Seriously, I'm having the same problem as all these people and have been a Dropbox pro customer for nearly 2 years now.  I have over 500 photos in the queue for upload and every time I visit my iPhone app the queue is like 1 photo less and counting.  Background uploading ?  HA! There is NO difference with that engaged whatsoever.  I'm on the verge of migrating to Google driver or another competitor for the same or cheaper rate for cloud storage.  Not to mention the slow download ' stream of my data when I want to show my family photos on my mobile devices.

Dropbox FIX THIS or you're losing another customer.

Ellin T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This is unbearable! Why cannot you address the issue that causes that much frustration to your premium users? I've been an Android user, then Carousel user. Everything was great. Now I'm stuck with the useless app!

Andy C.22
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Echo all of the above, what's the point of an auto back up cloud service that doesn't back up?

Stefan S.25
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same on my iPhone.

Dropbox, I want carousel back on my phone!

Yony K.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Ditto. I can't stand the slow uploads. Also, unlike Carousel, the Dropbox app requires me to share my location in order to do background uploading. WHY?!?! I won't enable background uploading because of this silly requirement, which means that if I want to backup videos I have to either dig into my phone's settings and disable sleep, or sit next to my phone and tap it every so often to keep it awake. Ugh.

I switched to Dropbox Pro because Carousel was so good and my primary use is backing up family photos. But now that it's gone, and Dropbox is so painfully slow, I'm looking for an alternative for me and a few family members.

candyce a.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

SERIOUSLY why is this still such an issue? Carousel was so fast and then it went away. Seriously going to stop using dropbox if this issue is not addressed soon.

John D.132
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Tick tick.... Still waiting for a response from Dropbox tech support on this.... And the comments continue to grow...

Sascha G.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Listen up Dropbox! I have a theory:
You guys have no balls at all! I assert that Apple has made you close down Carousel because it was better than iCloud Foto sync and to go even further they have made you make the wireless upload rediculously slow and faulty... Say what you want but you guys can not be that ultra bad in programming...
For all of the people that want to stay with this boneless piece of cloud-provider, allthough everyone should leave dropbox like a rat leaves a sinking ship, use a cable to sync your photos to the box.
And last but not least: stay smooth

robert w.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Google photo backup works. Still dont understand as others here mention why this "key" feature is so poor. It seems to me this should be a core functional tool?

Ken M.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

It's crazy that on a 4G connection that's 50mbs up speed it takes about an hour to upload a 200mb photo.  I didn't really think Carousel did it much quicker, all in all it's just S.A.F.

A fix would be great. 

As would the background uploading.  Carousel at least did this great.  Dropbox times out after a few minutes meaning you have to disable sleep on the phone or sit there and wake it every couple of minutes.

Plugging in to a computer is not a solution.  This removes the mobile part of the mobile app.

Need more support?