cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to speed up Dropbox uploads on iPhone

How to speed up Dropbox uploads on iPhone

ashley m.18
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Dropbox sync only happens when I have the Dropbox iPhone app actively open, and even then it takes about 5 minutes to upload a single photo. This is for camera roll sync.

54 Replies 54

Jen C.7
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This is seriously ridiculous!  Is there any way to get this to go faster?  I've been going on DAYS to upload one video and I can't wipe out my iPhone photos as I'm not sure which ones have uploaded and which have not.  Please help!

Andy C.22
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I've found that if I plug my iPhone 5s into power source and open the Dropbox app, the app will at stay open whilst it uploads, I had 300+ pictures and short videos which It managed to clear in one night. Poor show to need such a workaround though, especially for the premium price.

Steven S.10
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same here in the Netherlands with Iphone 6s and 4g or 20Mbps cable upload connection, it takes minutes before 1 photo is uploaded to Dropbox 😞

robert w.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Things are finally working properly for me. Much better now uploading from my phone

Jaron H.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same as everyone else... For what seems like more than a year I can't upload anything but a few photos to Dropbox. I currently have 1300+ photos/videos waiting in que. Can't back anything up on my iPhone. What's up?

Ian M.38
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm using google photos and Dropbox. Google app uploaded 250 photos in less than an hour, Dropbox has uploaded 40 photos in 4 hours. Terrible speed

Lawrence S.6
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi everyone, this happened to me as well. Only mine is really slow only on Wi-Fi, the moment I turn off my Wi-Fi and change to LTE, it uploads reasonably fast. As my home Wi-Fi is at least 30Mbps, this does not makes sense. 

Come on Dropbox, if Google Photos can do it - then you can do it! Heck, your Carousel app did it too - brilliantly! 

karsten h.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

upload seems to really start everytime only after actually opening the dropbox app. very very annoying

Jonathan Z.2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem here :(
This is one of the longest thread I have ever seen where the moderators don't even bother replying... sad

shanta r.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same problem... have tried everything mentioned but it still remains painfully slow.

Even more frustrating is that Dropbox doesn't care to address this issue. Disappointing.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jinsworld New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    Shelley S.5 Helpful | Level 5
    Masterric New member | Level 2
    Abbe55 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?