cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

would i still be able to continue uploading if i turn off my pc then turn it back on

would i still be able to continue uploading if i turn off my pc then turn it back on

zombie
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

if i was to turn my pc off then turn it back on will it continue uploading when back on and conected to wifi 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

atccodex
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Hey @zombie

Yup! Syncing picks right back up! Basically, checks to see if any changes to files were made then syncs them. I shutdown my computer pretty often and have never had any issue with Dropbox picking up where it left off. If you are super concerned about currupted files or anything, just pause the sync before you turn it off (although my guess is Dropbox does this automatically during the shutdown process).

The only real concern would be if you unexpectedly lost power (for any critical systems though, I would always recommend a UPS), but even in that case, I still think you are fine.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

atccodex
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Hey @zombie

Yup! Syncing picks right back up! Basically, checks to see if any changes to files were made then syncs them. I shutdown my computer pretty often and have never had any issue with Dropbox picking up where it left off. If you are super concerned about currupted files or anything, just pause the sync before you turn it off (although my guess is Dropbox does this automatically during the shutdown process).

The only real concern would be if you unexpectedly lost power (for any critical systems though, I would always recommend a UPS), but even in that case, I still think you are fine.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

atccodex Super User alumni
What do Dropbox user levels mean?