Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Accidentaly joined a Teams account, lost my Plus-account - cannot get a new Plus-account!

New member | Level 2

Hello, I have made same mistake as many others (as I can see in the community posts): I was invited to join a Dropbox Business (free trial version!) Team to be able get some files from a photographer. I didn't totally understand the two options when joining, so I merged my Plus-account into the Business account.

Bad mistake, I know...

Trying to retrieve my files (as the person who started the Business account won't keep it running after the trial period), I added a personal Basic account from within the Teams account, using another e-mail. I have managed to move some of my personal files to the new account, but since I had 115 GB of data in my Plus account obviously I need more capacity. When clicking "Upgrade", it says I already have the Plus plan with 2 TB storage!

But still, I can only use 2 GB - I tried to move a larger folder, but was asked to upgrade - which isn't possible!?)

Now I have asked the Business account owner to turn me into co-admin, in order to try to solve it that way - but I cannot see how to do it.

I guess the trick is to be able to set up a new Plus account.

So, how do I do it?

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Accidentaly joined a Teams account, lost my Plus-account - cannot get a new Plus-account!

Dropboxer

Hi there @PeterWiklund

As a first step, please have a look at your Plan tab to see the subscription that you're on.

If you find that it's on a Basic account, then check the email address associated with the account from the General tab and try to upgrade again. 

Additionally, you can have a look at this link to find out how an admin of a team can make a member an admin as well.  

Finally, I also wanted to mention that if you want to leave the team, you can also ask the admin to convert you to an individual account. You can find more info about how to do that and what's transferred to your (removed) Basic account in this article

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Accidentaly joined a Teams account, lost my Plus-account - cannot get a new Plus-account!

New member | Level 2

Ok, thanks, but that did not give any solution to my problem.

Let me take it from the start again:

• My personal Plus account was merged into a Business plan. Looking at that Plan tab, it obviously says I have a Business plan.
  • I created an additional Personal Basic plan from within that account (with another email-address). Looking at that Plan tab, it says I have a Basic account. So, when clicking on "Upgrade" it says I already have a Plus account. But I can still only use 2 GB storage.
  • So: I cannot move my files to a Basic account (since it's 115 GB), and it's not possible to upgrade to a Plus account. What to do?

(Re: admin-question, I am already an admin of that Business team, which doesn't seem help me in any way.)

Please help me save my files before the trial period ends!

/peter

Dropboxer

Thanks for clarifying, @PeterWiklund !

Firstly, do not worry - the content on your account remains safe regardless of a downgrade. 

However, I have reached out to you via email (to the email address associated with your Community profile) so that we can look into this further together. 

Do check your emails when you have a moment and we can take it from there. Thanks!

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Thanks - problem solved! (but I cannot see any "Accept as Solution" button to press...?)

Dropboxer

Hey @PeterWiklund1,

Would you mind sharing with us how you managed to solve the issue from your side? I'm sure it would be helpful for others who might be experiencing the same issue.

Just to note, if you're not seeing the option to "accept as solution", can you try using a different web browser or even an incognito/private window?

I hope this helps!

Daphne

Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Accidentaly joined a Teams account, lost my Plus-account - cannot get a new Plus-account!
5 Replies
1 Like
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post