cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add non team member to team folder

Add non team member to team folder

mr22
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

we have a consultant who helps us remotely, we wish to add them to one of our Dropbox Team Folders, yet since they already have a business account (their own) I don't want to send an invite and be paying for an account that's not used?

13 Replies 13

ReplayGuitar
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Mr. 22:  I have the same issue --we hired an outside accounting firm and want to give them access to the entire team folder, but it seems that is not currently possible on DropBox.

Here's a work-around that I am considering:

1. Add one subfolder under the main team folder, perhaps called "team-ext"
  2. Move EVERYTHING in the team folder into that new team-ext folder
  3. Share the team-ext folder with the accounting firm

The only downside is that everyone in the team will have to navigate one more level down in the folder structure, but I don't think this would be a big deal.

Anyone see a problem with this?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @ReplayGuitar

That's an excellent workaround! :heart_eyes:

There shouldn't be an issue doing this, just that when you do move the content, there may be a re-index of this event for members. 

Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

DaraG
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have sort of the reverse issue. We have dropbox users outside our Dropbox Business Team who want to share folders with us. But when they share a folder to one of our team members, it goes into the purple folder (the person's individual folder) and cannot be moved into the team space. How can we get it so non-team members can share folders with our whole team, and we can view them in the team space?

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @DaraG

Thanks for reaching out to us!

If the team member has edit access to the shared folder, they should be able to move or copy-paste it to the team space. 

Let me know if this helps!

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lusil Dropbox Staff
    DaraG New member | Level 2
    ReplayGuitar New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?