cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

yes

Highlighted

Are there any VAT rates in China?

Explorer | Level 3

Trying to understand what Dropbox is charging for VAT. as it seams that all the prices stated on the website are exclusive of VAT (which is undestandable considering it is selling its product internationaly) however it would be clearer if you could state what you are charging for VAT and what you are charging for your product rather than putting it all together in to one number. 

I am in china and want to understand what rate you are charging VAT at please. Currently from my bill and your prices online it would seam 33.3% for VAT, but chinas VAT rate is 17%. Please can you help me understand this. thanks Luke

7 Replies

Re: VAT rates

Dropboxer

Hey there @forbidenarea - how are you today?

First of all, kindly note that we collect and remit tax on transactions when required to do so. Taxability and tax rate are generally determined by the location of the buyer and seller, and various state and local tax laws. 

To my knowledge, we do not currently charge tax for corporate subscriptions in China (probably that's why you didn't see it during but I'd be happy to confirm that for you.

If you’re in a jurisdiction where tax is due, you’ll see the tax as a line item on your invoices and receipts at 

1.  https://www.dropbox.com/team/admin/billing/history for Business Team accounts &

2. https://www.dropbox.com/account/billing  for individual Plus or Professional accounts. 

I hope this clears things up and let me know if there's anything else I can do from my end to help. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Explorer | Level 3

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 12.16.24.pngBottom line of text says 600USDScreen Shot 2018-09-19 at 10.33.50.pngHere it says 450USD

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated! 

Testing out 3 users, so doing a trial for 3 users, why does the invoice say 1 aditional user (totaling 4)and the end charge (right at the bottom) is 600USD (i understand nothing is charged at the moment, but it will auto charge the 600USD at the end of the trial so sorting it out now). thank in advance. LC

Dropboxer

Thanks for the swift response @forbidenarea

I'd like to take a look into this internally if you don't mind where I'll have access to all of my tools and will be better able to help with your account and payment specific inquiry. Therefore, I reached out to you directly via email to the address you use for your Forum's profile. Check your inbox at your earliest convenience and we'll take it from there.

Thanks!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Explorer | Level 3

Hi there, Awaiting your email. thanks. 

Dropboxer

Hey Luke ( @forbidenarea) - happy Monday!

Just writing to let you know that I found your existing support ticket in our system and reached out to via email to help further with your inquiries. 

Check your email's inbox for my message and we'll take it from there.

Thanks in advance for your reply and have a wonderful week ahead.

Walter

New member | Level 2

I have a similar issue regarding VAT. Our business is ased oin South Africa and I see that you corectly charge 15% VAT. However, I dont see your South African VAT registration number or business address, therefore we cant deduct the VAT paid over to you on our VAT return.  Please Advise.

Dropboxer

Hey there Piaras - how are you today?

As I wanted to expedite matters for you, I've passed your comments on to your existing ticket (with ID: 8936612and you should be hearing from our expert soon @Piaras - thanks for the nudge here!

If there's anything else I can help with from my end, please let me know!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here. ]

Walter

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Are there any VAT rates in China?
7 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post