Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Conflicted files when using QuickBooks

New member | Level 1

thanks for your quick response. however, we are not opening the same file at the same time. one of us is posting QB checks on a laptop via dropbox for a client
upstairs and I am posting qb checks to a different client downstairs in my office and another is posting checks from her house a few miles away on her computer. I am the admin computer. later, when we go into drop box we will have conflicting files from "laptop" or "other computer" do I have something set up wrong. Thanks for you help

1 Reply

Re: CONFLICTING FILES

New member | Level 1

You cant open different copies of a file on each machine, make updates and expect them to appear in the other copies of the file.
Example : excel file on 3 machines, all 3 machines open it and all three machines update cell (A1) to different values, or different cells to different values, then save the file, all 3 files are now in conflict with each other when the sync process is attempted. QuickBook files are just a database file, you cant expect different copies of the file when updated to merge their content.
FYI: QB can open the SAME file (on a network drive) and correctly update the parts it needs to, but that is the same file, not 3 different copies.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Conflicted files when using QuickBooks
1 Reply
1 Like
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post