Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

yes

Highlighted

Copy and Paste Online Excel Cursor Position Arbitrary Jump

Explorer | Level 3

From any Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser, while logged onto my Dropbox account on any Windows PC and editing an Excel file in Excel Online, the action of Copying and Pasting a Cell from one sheet with hundreds of rows of data to another sheet, causes the view of the screen to move hundreds of rows away (up) from the original cell copy position when selecting the original sheet in the workbook.

Example - While logged onto my Dropbox account using a web browser, I copied a cell from Sheet 8, row 362 from an Excel file while editing the file in Excel Online.

I pasted the cell into row 9 of Sheet 7, then clicked back on Sheet 8. The row position was at 118 rather than row 362.

This is a change in behavior from the previous week. Best guess as to when this changed is some time at the beginning of April. How can this issue get fixed? The original and desired behavior is for the row position to retain the view at the original copied cell cursor position when clicking back on the original sheet where the copy cell action started.

1 Reply

Re: Copy and Paste Online Excel Cursor Position Arbitrary Jump

Dropboxer

Hey there Gabe - sorry to hear about this.

I appreciate you took the time to provide us with your full report; could you try some additional things for me please?

The first would be to clear your browser's cache and try to reproduce the issue while the second one would be to try this on another browser (or an incognito window) with NO extensions or plugins running. 

On a side note, does this happen for all of your Excel files when editing them through Excel Online? 

Let me know how this goes and we'll take it from there!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Copy and Paste Online Excel Cursor Position Arbitrary Jump
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post