Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Disabling 2-step verification

New member | Level 2

I'm a newbie to dropbox, and the admin. From a previous post:

"Extra Note: If you are a part of a Team you could ontact your admin directly to disable two-step verification for your account from the admin console. In this way,  after it has been disabled you will be able to login to your account and reenable two-step verification as you desire."

How do I disable 2-step verification from the admin console?  Two of my three team members have it enabled, but don't want it, including myself.

Thank you.

3 Replies

Re: Disabling 2-step verification

Dropboxer
Hi there @doceads, in general, you can find more info about the two-step verification on your account by:
  1. Signing in.
  2. Clicking on your avatar on the top right hand corner of your screen. 
  3. Selecting Settings. 
  4. Going to the Security tab
  5. Finding Two-step verification. 
Also, if you’re the team admin of the Business team, you should be able to disable the two-step verification feature for the team members by:
  1. Navigating through the admin console. 
  2. Going to Settings.
  3. Under the Authentication section, click Two-step verification. 
Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Thank you @Lusil, 

I navigated to the two-step verification setting as you mentioned, before and after your suggestion, and it seems to only *enable* it, not disable it.  The box is unchecked for "Require two-step verification for selected team members".  Myself and one other team member still have the 2-step verification in place, as it is "enabled" when looking at members under the admin console.

Your instructions for disabling it for myself under my avatar worked.  I can tell the other member to do that.  

Thank you.

Dropboxer

No worries, @doceadsslightly smiling face Let me know if you encounter any trouble with this or if you have any other questions!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Disabling 2-step verification
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post