Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Dropbox AD Connector Question

New member | Level 2

The only way I can get this to run is as AD\Administrator. Trying to run this as a account in the AD\Domain Admins group fails. How is everyone else running theirs?

Tags (1)
4 Replies

Re: Dropbox AD Connector Question

Dropboxer

Hey there @JustynK

Welcome to the Dropbox Community! Let's see what we can find.  

Have you checked out this article on the Dropbox Active Directory Connector and the steps to set up? 

If you have, could you let us know if you are you getting any specific error messages when the setup fails? Sending us a screenshot of it (without any personal information) would be really helpful!

Keep us posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Thanks. It installs fine. However when I run the Config as any other user BUT AD\Administrator it fails.  I was curious how other people were running AD Connector.

Here is a copy of both errors from my event log

Faulting application name: ADConnectorConfig.exe, version: 2.3.0.240, time stamp: 0x59b86554
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.3085, time stamp: 0x5d1d7c66
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034c48
Faulting process id: 0x154
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5627d4dd9b13d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Dropbox\AD Connector\ADConnectorConfig.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 37bfcb19-c693-4e26-975e-ec95361fd526
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: ADConnectorConfig.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean)
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind()
at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.get_AdsObject()
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.PopulateList()
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection..ctor(System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry, System.String)
at System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_Item(System.String)
at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.DoLDAPDirectoryInitNoContainer()
at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.DoDomainInit()
at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.Initialize()
at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalContext.get_QueryCtx()
at System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement.PrincipalSearcher.SetDefaultPageSizeForContext()
at ADConnectorUI.MainWindow.GetADGroups()
at ADConnectorUI.MainWindow.UpdateUIGroups()
at ADConnectorUI.MainWindow..ctor()

Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at ADConnectorUI.App.Main()

Dropboxer

Thanks for your swift reply and for the error logs, @JustynK!

In this case, I'd recommend continuing via ticket due to account-specific info that may be needed. 

I was able to locate your support request and can see that a member of my team has replied to you. I've passed your comments along to them so don't hesitate to get back to them if you have any other questions or info. 

I'll also leave this thread open for any other like-minded users that may have any input or ideas on this. 

I hope this helps to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2

Thanks. I'm curious to see how others are running their AD Connector.

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox AD Connector Question
4 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post