Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Dropbox restarts again and again

FHF
Explorer | Level 4

Since three weeks the Dropbox is crashed, it restarts again and again, with a messeage "New files will start as local. Your admin updated this share sync setting for your team.". After 2 seconds closes and restarts the dropbox automatically. It repeats again and again. We have Mac Mojave. Uninstall and re-install didn't work.

4 Replies

Re: Dropbox restarts again and again

Dropboxer

Hey there @FHF,

Since you've already given a reinstall a try, have you also tried disabling your antivirus, security programs, or ensured that you have configured your firewall to work Dropbox? It could be that a third-party app is blocking the startup process. 

Additionally, are you connected by any chance connected to a work network? If you are, I'd recommend checking with your company's IT team as there could be an update on your firewall settings or any other security measure affecting your connection. 

Let me know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

FHF
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the reply. We don't have any firewall, only AirPort? Could that be the problem?

Explorer | Level 4

I have the same exact issue starting today. driving me crazy. I also reinstalled it. but no luck. it just keeps crashing and restarting. 

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @FHF

Could you try directly connecting to your WiFi connection and see if there's a change in behavior? 

And, sorry to hear that you're also having trouble with this, @C505INC.

Could you please clarify for me if you've also tried checking if there's any third party app like a security program that could be interacting and hindering the startup process of the Dropbox desktop app? Have you configured your firewall to work Dropbox too?

Let me know what you find, peeps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox restarts again and again
4 Replies
1 Like
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post