Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Re: GDPR - server location

Super User II
Actually, to add here that the dates I gave are when it came in to effect within the UK (hence my UK link).

If your country has had requirements and compliance enforcements longer than this then its different

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

IRC Level 2
Level 2

Interesting .... I was informed, as small business owner we would need to buy more licenses .... + half of what we have at the moment, which is NO WHERE near +250.

Drop Box has to get their story aligned.

I don't believe that our files are secure in the USA.

We're now getting a server installed in our office.

We're sorry that we have to leave Drop Box Business but this is absolutely unacceptable ....

Level 2

As a small business owner based in Europe and therefore not important to Dropbox I've downgraded my plan...

I think that a reasonable price increase would be acceptable to many small businesses, but Dropbox never gave the small business owners a chance.

I looked and found another solution. 

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Just an update on this matter, the requirements for Dropbox Business teams to store their data on an EU server has been reduced to just 15 licenses.

If there are team admins interested in this option, they’ll need to get in contact with the sales team directly.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

fh1
Level 5

Thank you for answering.

Unfortunatly also small companies have to garantee GDPR rules.

New Super User

What is the GDPR rule that you are worried about @fh1 that Dropbox doesn't fulfill? 

fh1
Level 5

Saving data outside the EU is a major problem.

New Super User

Can you cite the specific rule that states that?

New Super User

I just dont understand how that is possible since there are US based companies that service the EU and store data in the US and other countries outside the EU.

Level 2

Has the required number of licences for EU server placement been reduced further since this comment?

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

GDPR - server location
20 Replies
11 Likes
Solved! : See solution