cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us here!

no

Help I just joined a business account invitation and it subsumed my personal account

Explorer | Level 3

Help-- I'm not sure what's happened, but I seem to have merged my entire dropbox universe with a group that I just joined via a business invitation. How do I get my dropbox back to being just mine?

Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Help I just joined a business account invitation and it subsumed my personal account

Dropboxer

Hi @gdk93 - welcome to the Community!

From the sounds of it, you must have accepted an invite to join a Dropbox Business team recently. 

If that's the case indeed, the best way to do this is to reach out to your admin directly and ask them to convert your Dropbox account back to an individual account.

If there's anything else you'd like to ask, don't hesitate to get back to me; I'll be happy to follow up. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Help I just joined a business account invitation and it subsumed my personal account

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the response. I did what you suggested and things appear to be back to normal. Questions:

Do you know if I still have the same plan I had before?

Are all the files and folders the same as they were before this happened?

Why does this happen? Seems like a big deal to suddenly lose control over all my stuff and have it be at the mercy of someone who invites me to be part of a working group-- kinda shakes my confidence in Dropbox.

Dropboxer

Hi @gdk93; I'm sorry for the late response and I'm glad to hear this helped a tad. 

If you joined a team while they were trialing one of our Business plans, you should have reverted back to the plan you were on before; be it the Plus plan or the Professional one. 

In case it was on a paid subscription, you'd have received a pro-rated refund for the remaining of your own subscription. This means that upon the conversion to an individual account, your own account is downgraded to the free, Basic plan.

If there's a need to re-subscribe to your previous plan, you can do so from this page.

As per your last concern, note that when you're on-boarded to a Dropbox for Business team account, you get two options. One of them is to create a new, personal account under another email address or join the team with your existing account (and email address) in which case your account is merged with the team one. 

I hope this clarifies matters and I'm a post away if you have any follow up questions. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi there,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Help I just joined a business account invitation and it subsumed my personal account
3 Replies
0 Likes
Looking for Dropbox Paper users
Do you use Dropbox Paper?

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post