cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: SmartSync - not wokring

How can I enable Smart Sync on my account?

dangilman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hey there, how do I enable SmartSync on my account?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Do you have either a Professional account or a Business account that has opted in to Early Access? Smart Sync is only available in those cases.

For Professional accounts, you can just right-click a file or folder and you'll see a Smart Sync option with selections for Local and Online Only. The same holds true for Business accounts, if the team admin has enabled the feature on the account from their Admin Console.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Do you have either a Professional account or a Business account that has opted in to Early Access? Smart Sync is only available in those cases.

For Professional accounts, you can just right-click a file or folder and you'll see a Smart Sync option with selections for Local and Online Only. The same holds true for Business accounts, if the team admin has enabled the feature on the account from their Admin Console.

Smackdog
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Keep it cheep

Small business needs an advocate!

gilespye
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have most of my content in the Dropbox cloud/online, and only some folders synced - I synced those "manually" as I had a copy on a hard drive that I copied to my new computer. They were same as online, and I didnt care which overwrote which ever.

My question is, how can I click o a file/folders online, to pull them down onto my computer. I dont see any new functions related to smartsync, no "opt in to smartsync" like I've seen on some forum answers.

I recently updraded to professional account (month ago). For sure I have it, I've been billed and my account says professional..

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi there, @gilespye!

From what I understand, initially you had some folder selectively synced. Please remember that when you check them to sync again, they update to the latest version of themselves.

@gilespye wrote:

how can I click o a file/folders online, to pull them down onto my computer.

This is part of syncing which means that the folder should be synced to your computer. Could you please ensure that:
  1. You have the desktop app installed and it reads that it’s up to date when you hover over the Dropbox icon that’s next to your desktop clock?
  2. It’s not selectively synced? You can check this by selecting the gear icon after clicking on your Dropbox icon and navigating to your Preferences > Sync > selective sync… > Locate the folder in question. If it doesn’t have a tick on the box next to it, it’s not syncing to your computer - please tick it if this is the case and allow it some time to sync. 
As per the Smart Sync option, when you right-click on a file, do you not see it appear on the menu bar? If not, could you try rebooting your computer and see if that does the trick?

Let me know of any update! :grin:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

LTD-corp
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

HAve a good day my friend!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Have a great day as well, @LTD-corp! Let us know if you have any questions. :sunglasses:

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?