Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

I'd like to Delete a Member Invite to a Dropbox team & send anew.

Level 2

Can someone please tell me how I can delete an invitation that was sent however never accepted - it is causing me to be billed for this member that does not exist and I cannot delete them as a member as the membership is pending???

10 Replies

Re: Deleted an invitation

Level 2

Never mind - I just worked it out

Dropboxer
Hey Gazman, happy Friday!

First off, glad to hear that you got this sorted while I was typing my message & thanks a lot for keeping me updated here. I’m just going to briefly mention the steps to remove a pending invite below, just for anyone else reaching out with the same question. 

Provided that you’re a team admin, you can easily remove a pending invite through the Members tab on your admin console. Just navigate to the right side on your browsing window, click on the drop-down menu for the “Member type” & choose Invited. CommunityMembersTab.png

You’ll be redirected to your Invited Members tab, where you can see the ones that haven’t joined your team yet. You can click on the gear> Delete Member. Screenshot 2018-07-06 at 11.28.18.pngThat’s it; now you can re-purpose your license & send to a new member. 

Please feel free to get back in touch with us at any time in the future in case you’d need further clarifications & we’ll do our best to check back with you. Have a wonderful weekend ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2
Thank you! I needed this!

Dropboxer
Perfect, glad to hear this helped a bit ConnieL & thanks a lot for letting me know here! 

I’m always here in case you have any additional thoughts or questions, so feel free to get back in touch on our Forum at any time. Cheers! slightly smiling face

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

How do I un-invite someone to my team?

Level 2

Thank you in advance!

Re: How do I un-invite someone to my team?

Dropboxer
Hey there (@boltandfrolic) , thanks for taking a bit of your time to post us your inquiry inquiry on the Dropbox Community. I’ve moved your post into this conversation, in order to ping you to my comment above that could help you cancel a pending invite & re-send anew. 

Please do let me know here how you get on with these steps or in case you need further assistance in any way & I’ll do my best to check back with you. I’m wishing you a lovely rest of your Monday until we talk again! 

Jane

ELC
Level 4

Clicking the "Delete Member" brings up a dialog to "Transfer now" with a CANCEL/CONTINUE

Cannot get past this dialog for love or money. Asks for a valid name or email address while showing the desired account to delete in the same window.

Does not matter if the only text input field is empty or filled in with the specified account, the message persists... CONTINUE will not continue.

The only choice:  CANCEL

Account persists.

This UI absolutely blows.

Dropboxer
Hey @ELC, thanks for checking in with us! I could see on my end that you’re now discussing that with my colleague via our Official Support channel, so I’ve made a note of your comments here on your existing correspondence just so as to make sure all relevant info is gathered within a single conversation. Please feel free to get back in touch with my co-worker should you have further inquiries, as they have direct access to your account specifics via this channel. 

(Note: Kindly note that if you're facing an issue cancelling the pending invite on your end, our Support team could amend that on our tools, however we'd need your permission to proceed.)

I hope that you get this squared away soon, however I’m always here for you in case you need further guidance or assistance in any way! 

Jane

ELC
Level 4

Allow me to make a suggestion:  Modify the UI to make it obvious or default to "No Transfer".  As this was an invitation not yet accepted, it wasn't clear that this option had anything to do with the price of tea in China. 

A better route would be to offer a DELETE button rather than a CONTINUE. Once DELETE is clicked, maybe offer an option there an only if Data Transference is needed.

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'd like to Delete a Member Invite to a Dropbox team & send anew.
10 Replies
4 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post