Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

I'm hosting Dropbox on a server OS & I'm facing a syncing issue.

New member | Level 2

Occasionally I checked my server to see that all of my files are syncing properly. 99% of the time, no problem. But sometimes, like today, I'll check on it and notice that files have not synced for 1 days. In fact, Dropbox, in this case, was not even running. I am the ONLY one in our operation who accesses the server as an admin. Everyone else simply accesses network shares, which is what our Dropbox is.

On the other hand, most of the times that I've noticed it not syncing it was running, but showing that sync simply not happening. It wasn't paused, it was just NOT syncing.

So my request is, besides finding a way to ensure it doesn't stop syncing, I would like an alert option to check in my settings on the web when your servers see that my dropbox hasn't synced for more than 24 hours. If I check my web account I see that your server tells me when the last sync was. Perhaps that could be used to create a trigger to email me that my sync is NOT happening. Possible?

1 Reply

Re: Dropbox not syncing all the time

Dropboxer
Hey DropboxJL, thanks for posting us on our Forum on your syncing-specific inquiry, lets look into the issue you’re facing together!

As an initial point of reference, you may keep in mind that Dropbox isn’t compatible with Windows Server operating systems, though I’m here to help you out on that in any way I can. In order to send you the most relevant details, can you let me know what’s your current setup? As you’ve mentioned that you’ve hosted the Dropbox app on a server, please note that this configuration may work if you run the Dropbox app as an application in a user account, instead of as a server service.

Following to your request, please note that it isn’t currently an option to trigger an email when the app isn’t syncing, though I’d happily send you the most relevant next steps to get to the bottom of this matter, depending on your settings. 

Once I have this info, I'll make sure to look into the matter more closely & thank for the time you devote in relaying your account specifics on this discussion! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

I'm hosting Dropbox on a server OS & I'm facing a syncing issue.
1 Reply
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post