cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inability to Activate Smart Sync (remote management software & third party pointing device drivers).

Inability to Activate Smart Sync (remote management software & third party pointing device drivers).

c1000
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Any luck?  I have a machine that I just updated to 10.13.4 and clicking "Allow" still does nothing for enabling the smart sync extension. 

EDIT: I was trying to do this via VNC to a mac that did not have a display, keyboard, or mouse attached.  Once I attached those items, I was able to click the "Allow" button.  Apparently you cannot click that button from a VNC session.  Lesson learned.  

41 Replies 41

GillesB-EXO
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

I try to activate Smartsync on my mac (10.13.4) and it opens the pref pane, but after typing my PW the Autorise button doesn't do anything, it reacts as a button (On off) but nothing happens.

Any clue?

GillesB-EXO
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello,

I try to activate Smart sync on my mac running under OSX 10.13.4, and it asks to open pref pane, which  displays a message about Dorpbox being blocked, then I type my PW to unlock, and then I click on autorize but nothing happens despite the fatc that the button behaves normally.

Any clue?

Norah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi GillesB-EXO, welcome to Dropbox Community!

Can you try enabling the Accessibility Settings with the steps provided here? Also, make sure you’re not using the remote log in to the computer. 

If this is not the case a screenshot of what you see when you try to activate Smart Sync (omitting any personal information) would help a lot! 

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Norah
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

GillesB-EXO
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Drop down from the top menu bar

Capture d’écran 2018-05-03 à 14.32.40.jpg

Click on    activer

Capture d’écran 2018-05-03 à 14.32.54.jpg

Click on Ouvir les préférences (Open preferences)

Capture d’écran 2018-05-03 à 14.33.04.jpg

Click on the LOCK  then type password and return

Capture d’écran 2018-05-03 à 14.33.20.jpg

And normally by clicking "Autoriser" it shoul work (Same procedure that I used several times for other system extensions that are not provided throught Mac Appstore)

But the button actuates (Turn grey when clicking) and nothing Happens!!!

I use Mac OX X since it's first version... So I'm a bit familiar with this... and this is the first time I encounter such a behaviour.

Norah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey GillesB-EXO, thanks for all the detailed information provided!

I’ve moved your post to this thread. Try having a look at what other people have tried and let me know if it works for you.

Let me know if you are Remotely logged in to the computer? Also,make sure the mouse is connected to the computer.
If you're using VNC, remote logins, teamviewer, or any other software, this can conflict with the OS. If emulated mouse presses aren't allowed, then you're prevented from doing even the most basic of functions.

Let me know how it goes!

Norah
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

GillesB-EXO
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Nope, I aam NOT using remote control in that case.

I new that problem of MacOSX as I'm using often Teamviewer to help other user, so I won't have asked for if taht would hava been the case.

My problem is different and really annoying

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Have you tried re-installing the desktop application?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

GillesB-EXO
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Impossible, each time I try to downloads it says I am already a member

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to hear about this @GillesB-EXO.

As it seems there might be a problem with the Dropbox software currently installed on your computer so I'm going to have you do a reinstall - as a first attempt to fix the problem.

Below are the steps to do this (just make sure you save and quit ALL programs that access files in the Dropbox folder first):

1. Download the newest version of our desktop app. : 

2. Stop Dropbox (If needed): To do this first click the Dropbox icon in the menu bar at the top of your screen and then on the gear icon in the Notifications panel and select 'Quit Dropbox'. 

3. Delete the Dropbox application from the Applications folder. 

4. Reinstall our desktop application after rebooting your computer by opening the  .dmg file and double click the Dropbox icon.

I hope this helps and please let me know what you find. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

GillesB-EXO
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Solved the problem..  And Smart syncing is welcome as Drop box previously ruined my Data plan when a colleague decided to move a folder of 29 gb.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropbox Staff
    TappadBox Helpful | Level 6
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?