Announcements
Do you have an idea for Dropbox Paper? Share it with us!

no

Integrate a new team after Business Trial

New member | Level 2

I am currently at the end of my free business trial of 30 days. I did this to try out the business plan in order to know if it was right for me, which it happens to be. To do this I was made administrator of my own team, as I started a new account. 

Thing is now that I made up my ming in keeping my business account, I want to integrate another existing team with its own administrator. But he says he can not add me unless I downgrade to basic. I can't find a way to do this whatsoever. It seems as it started as a business trial I can't downgrade? Is this true? 

What do I need to do to be added into another business team and keep all of the already uploaded files on my account? 

Tried finding support through chat (it seems not to be working for me anymore?) and through e-mail, but still haven't got a reply and need it fast as trial ends in less than 2 days. 

Thank you! 

Tags (1)
1 Reply

Re: Integrate a new team after Business Trial

Dropboxer

Hi there @Madalena, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

The easiest way to merge with another team would be to cancel the trial subscription on your account. In doing this, your account will be reverted back to a personal account, but you will retain all your data even if you have more than a Basic account can store. Dropbox wouldn't delete your data, only syncing will pause until you're able to upgrade again.

Once you're back on a personal account, the other team's admin will be able to invite you to their team. When you're onboard with the team, you'll be able to reorganise, share any data you need to and even add folders into the team shared workspace.

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Integrate a new team after Business Trial
1 Reply
0 Likes
Dropbox Design Research
Looking for Dropbox Paper users

If so, we're starting a design feedback group and we'd love for you to be a part of it. We have paid feedback opportunities - both in person and remotely - for English speaking users based in the US.

Interested? Take the short survey to let us know.

Take the survey
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post